The American University of Nigeria, Yola, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below in the Atiku Centre Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Development:
Job Title: Livelihoods and Cooperatives Specialist
Locations: Yola and Mubi, Adamawa
About the Project
- The Atiku Centre Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Development is starting a new project in early 2018, focused on improving resilience amongst returnees in return LGAs of Adamawa state.
- This is two years project with office in Yola and Mubi.
- In application of our mission and vision, the Atiku Centre Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Development was set up to provide a one stop shop for all development initiatives, utilizing our local knowledge and global expertise to study problems, develop solutions and prioritize the implementation of the solutions in the form of projects.
- The centre currently implements a number of projects across the north east focusing on mitigating the impact of the insurgency on the lives of the people of the north east and Nigerians in general.
- Lead the development of strategies, approaches, systems and guidelines to ensure that beneficiaries have increased capacity to meet their basic needs and ensure self-reliance.
- Carries out market assessments, value chain analysis and community led market assessment and other comparative analysis on different economic strengthening models. Keeps up to date with developments in the sector, including best practice examples within the country and internationally.
- B.A/M.A Degree in Economics, Development Studies, Enterprise Development, International Development or other closely related field.
- 4 or more years of work experience, at least 3 years with NGOs in the fields of economic strengthening, Agriculture, microenterprise development, value chain, livelihoods.
- Experience in working with cooperatives
- Training planning and delivery skills.
- Highly developed computer skills (Word processing, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English Language
- Knowledge and experience of working in Northern region of Nigeria will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
22nd December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references to: [email protected] before the closing date of this publication. using the position applied for should as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.