We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Irrigation Coordinator
- This person’s mission is to ensure that adequate fertilizer and water is applied on the Tomato Jos nucleus farm to produce the highest quality product.
- Tomato Jos is seeking a person who is willing to challenge themselves in the field of Agriculture.
- This position requires someone uniquely using both their interpersonal and scientific skills to advance agricultural opportunities.
- Applicants should have problem solving skills, a strong interest in farming, and the ability to manage logistical challenges.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Irrigating the nucleus farm
- Overseeing repair and maintenance of the irrigation system (including water sources)
- Fertigating the nucleus farm
- Calculating and recording water usage
- Overseeing and recording fertilizer applications
- Servicing fertilizer and irrigation equipment
- Troubleshooting irrigation issues
- Learning all technical phases of the farming operation
The applicant needs to be willing to do and capable of doing every job on the farm. They will start with the most basic tasks and only through training and experience, will they advance to more complex challenges and responsibilities.
- Must be willing to work long hours in field conditions.
- Must be trustworthy.
- Must have basic mathematical skills.
- Must have completed Secondary School, or equivalent.
- Preferable applicants will have a degree or certificate in a related subject (agriculture, engineering, business, etc.)
- Preferable applicants will have plumbing experience.
- Preferable applicants will speak English and another local language (Hausa).
- Preferable applicants must be proficient in using computer programs like MS Excel and MS Word or have the capability of learning how to use these types of programs.
Farming operations are located in Igabi LGA . Applicants must be willing to relocate to the area. Certain projects may involve travel which Tomato Jos will accommodate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural/Water Resources Engineering or equivalent from a recognized polytechnic.
- 3-5 year work experience.
- Should be conversant with relevant national environmental laws.
Skills and Competences:
- Excellent liaison with Client
- Analytical Skills
- Problem Solving
- Listening Skills
Application Closing Date
10th July, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes/CV’s and Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org subject line should read “Irrigation Coordinator”