IITA is an international non-profit research-for-development (R4D) organization created in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported primarily by the Consultative Group of International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our R4D is anchored on the development needs of sub-Saharan Africa. We develop agricultural solutions with our partners to eliminate hunger and poverty by reducing producer and consumer risks, enhancing crop quality and productivity, and generating wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
Job Title: Equipment Operator (2-year renewable contract)Duties
Successful candidate will:
- Operate Tractor for mowing, ridging, spraying and harrowing,
- Marking of fields using marker
- Trailing and Ploughing and for other field operation
- Spraying of research field with spraying machine
- Apply fertilizer to research field
- Harvesting of field with harvester
- Attend to minor repairs when necessary;
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor
Educational, Experience and Other Requirements
WASC, Trade Test with valid professional class E drivers’ licence and with at least seven (5) years tractor operations working experience.
The ideal candidate must:
- Strong and agile
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Be hardworking, honest and trustworthy.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
6th September, 2013
Method of application:
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft Word format. The curriculum Vitae must also include names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package to IITA Website.
Click here for more details on job.