IITA is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of the tropics. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
Job Title: Marketing Officer
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Identify and analyses Bio fortification strength and weakness and respond to opportunities and threat in the marketing environment;
- Set goals for market share and growth;
- Develop and implement appropriate strategies by selecting, segmenting and targeting markets and promoting biofortified foods and seeds to those markets;
- Provide leadership on branding and packaging of products;
- Works on developing new products for niche market;
- Managing distribution channels of biofortified foods in villages and urban market;
- Develop plans for advertising, sales promotion and public relations;
- Create and develop new innovative ways to communicate for increased adoption of vitamin A cassava by farmers, processor, marketers and consumer;
- Develop standard for product and profitability analysis for investor.
- Maintain liaison with Federal, State and NGO partners in Nigeria;
- Identify opportunities for fund raising and assist in applying for grants for business development and establishment;
- Conduct and oversee advocacy for business development and promotional campaign;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Country Manager.
Qualification & Experience
- B.Sc/HND/PGD in Marketing, Economics, Agricultural Economics or any related field with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in related field.
Skills and competences:
- Have strong communication skills.
- Excellent copy-writing skills and experience.
- Detail oriented.
- Good research result reporting skills.
- Good time management skills.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
23rd February, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.