The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture wishes to employ a highly qualified Secretary II who will be based at Ibadan, Nigeria. This position is funded by the Multinational-CGIAR Project on Support to Agricultural Research for development of Strategic Crops in Africa (SARD-SC), with support from the Africa Development Bank.
IITA is an international non-profit research-for-development (R4D) organization created in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported primarily by the Consultative Group of International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our R4D is anchored on the development needs of sub-Saharan Africa. We develop agricultural solutions with our partners to tackle hunger and poverty by reducing producer and consumer risks, enhancing crop quality and productivity, and generating wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
- Perform general office administrative duties
- Type reports, letter and other document which may be confidential in nature
- Handle incoming mail, collection, distribution as well as mailing as directed
- Carry out photocopying, scanning of documents
- Carry out data entry and organize data in hard and soft copies
- Organize and maintain archive for each scientist and his team
- Maintain records of casual contracts, payment disbursement and work schedule
- Prepare and assist in material procurement and track purchase orders as requested
- Request and maintain record of office stationeries supply
- Arrange travel through IITA travel authorization system
- Manage scientists schedules and assist with meetings and training logistics
- Receive visitors to units in a courteous manner
- Answer telephone and direct request to the right unit and staff
- Respond to e-mail requested as directed
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the scientist to whom support is being provided
- BSc/HND in Secretarial Studies or related field plus at least 3 years experience in Secretarial Administration. Secretarial experience in a research Institution will be an added advantage.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point)
- Good command of English language
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a multi- cultural, multi ethnic and religious environment
- Ability to handle stress effectively and be focused
- Ability to multitask and work effectively within strict deadlines.
- Must be able to read and write in English, knowledge of French would be an asset.
Terms and Conditions
- This is a Senior Support Staff (SSS) position.
- International Institute of Tropical Agriculture provides an attractive salary and benefits package and a collegial and gender-sensitive working environment.
- The initial appointment is for two years with the possibility for renewal.
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work. Evidence of current remuneration package and photocopies of credentials, to IITA website.
Please complete our online application form using this link: http://www.iita.org/nrs-online-application.
All application should be made not later than two weeks (closing date: 03/04/2013) from the date of this publication.