The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s headquarters in Ibadan:
Job Title: ICT Infrastructure Officer
Recruitment Type: National (renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Participate in the management of the server room and all hardware equipment there-in;
- Participate in the management, administration and maintenance of servers machine, network devices, PCs and the entire ICT infrastructure which includes the operating systems (Windows, Linux, Macintosh etc.) hardware (HP, IBM, Dell, Ubiquiti etc.);
- Install, configure, maintain multiple server, workstation, desktop and notebooks;
- Ensure proper integration with other systems on the network;
- Troubleshooting and managing call/ticket from the service helpdesk group and assist with systems support and administration 1st, 2nd and 3rd level to all users in the institute (both remote and on-site);
- Perform software installation and upgrades to operating and layered software applications;
- Manage and monitor and tunes system (e.g client’s PCs, server and network devices) to achieve optimum performance levels;
- Carry out the implementation of system security procedure to include server and system firewalls, host and client access, file permission and user accounts;
- Carry out implement of the review policies and procedure for systems/network usage internet and datacenter services;
- Manage, maintain and ensure that all ICT related systems e.g digital signage systems are up and running;
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- B.Sc/HND in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Management Information System, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or other related field with minimum of Five (5) years’ experience performing same role.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good communication skill and ability to multitask.
Application Closing Date
15th August, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, the application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcome applications from female candidates.