We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Corporate Finance
- If you answered yes to these questions, join our team! Babban Gona seeks an exceptional trailblazer as our Head of Corporate Finance.
- We are looking for a passionate, driven, and knowledgeable professional with demonstrated experience in raising capital through different channels, including but not limited to capital markets, commercial debt, and impact investment funds.
- The selected individual will build on our successful fundraising activities, and execute on a comprehensive debt strategy, to raise $1 billion in capital by 2025, leveraging a diversified source of debt from private placement bonds, public bonds, supplier trade credit and commercial banks.
- The Head of Corporate Finance will work alongside the Head of Finance and CFO/Managing Director (MD) in order to drive the successful execution of the organisation’s funding strategy across debt, equity, and grant instruments. They will support the organisation’s current efforts to raise $60 million to support 80,000 farmers in 2019.
- This individual will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with investors/stakeholders from across the globe including development finance institutions, social investors, and government agencies. They will lead the creation of documents that will serve as the basis for discussions and deal consummation, such as investor memorandums, due diligence responses, proposals and applications.
- This role will require impeccable communication skills both in writing and in person, given that this person will serve as an external point of reference of the company and will interact with important stakeholders. In addition, the role will require the performance of excel-based organisational and stakeholder analyses to communicate key information about our model and provide data for decision-making.
- The role will include travel as the Head of Corporate Finance will be required to accompany investors/stakeholders to our areas of operation for due diligence visits, as well as to attend events on the continent and beyond.
- Work with Head of Finance, CFO/Managing Director to deliver the fundraising strategy across debt, equity, and grant instruments
- Prepare investment documentation (investor memorandums, financing applications, due diligence responses, grant proposals, and prospectus, where necessary)
- Drive the execution of the investor and stakeholder relations engagement strategy – building and maintaining relationships with relevant parties involved in execution of fundraising strategy
- Serve as the key point of contact for the investment community and ambassador for the organisation
- Organize road shows, conference calls, investor meetings etc.
- Pitch Nigeria’s first social impact bond to new investors both nationally and internationally
- Prepare confidential memoranda, management presentations, marketing pitches etc.
- Lead preparation of detailed and robust business plan & financial projections
- Gather and interpret financial data, running relevant analyses for financial decision-making
- Jointly negotiate and structure deals with the Head of Finance, CFO/Managing Director to ensure the best possible terms for transactions e.g., interest rates
- Manage the fundraising process to ensure successful completion and liaise with all stakeholders involved in the process e.g., auditors, lawyers, financial experts, regulatory bodies etc.
- Oversee short term financial planning to ensure sufficient liquidity to carry out operations, including accessing credit lines from DFIs, commercial banks, and other financial intermediaries
- Build and maintain relevant bank relationships to ensure short term liquidity needs are met
- Build, maintain and manage investor portfolio, including preparing annual and quarterly investor statements highlighting financial and social impact
- Assess and predict financial risks and return using financial modelling and macroeconomics forecasting while mitigating risks such as currency risk
- Provide feedback to management regarding the investment community&’s perception of how the company is being managed, and their view of its financial and impact results
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Business Administration, MSc Preferred.
- At least 5 years of fundraising experience via capital markets
- Strong leadership and management skills, with multicultural awareness and comfort working with people of diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: experience in raising capital from DFIs, grant raising for organisation initiatives/projects, and commercial capital raising
- Proven financial, analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and stakeholder management skills to maintain and build global/local relationships in our investor and stakeholder community
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) , independently producing client-ready work
- High level of integrity and objectivity anchored by fundamental professional competence and due care, confidentiality, and professional behaviour
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with strong financial modelling skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Access preferred
- Ability to interpret financial reports and due diligence requests to be received from investors
- Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines with strong work ethic and organizational skills
- Strong and demonstrated passion for agriculture, social development and impact investment
- Willingness to travel if required (within Nigeria, across Africa and around the globe)
Compensation & Benefits
Salary and benefits are competitive, commensurate with experience.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and cover letter to: [email protected] using “Head of Corporate Finance” as the subject of the mail.