We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Greenhouse Technician
- Tomato Jos is seeking a person who is willing to challenge themselves in the field of Agriculture. This position requires someone uniquely using both their interpersonal and scientific skills to advance agricultural opportunities. Applicants should have problem solving skills, a strong interest in farming, and the ability to manage logistical challenges. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the day-to-day business activities of the greenhouses and the nurseries.
- Manage the farms for optimum yield and profitability.
- Manage the prevention and/ or control of diseases, pests and weeds in the greenhouses.
- Tour work areas to observe work being done, to inspect crops and to evaluate plant and soil conditions.
- Assign work schedules and duties to nursery and greenhouse staff, and supervise their work
- Supervise the application of pesticides and fertilizers to plants as well as cutting, pruning and staking.
- Determine types and quantities of vegetable to be grown, based on budgets projected sales volume, and/or execute directives.
- Ensures the training of staff and making sure they are fully motivated and empowered to contribute their best to the company.
- Undertakes any other duties as may be directed by the Management of the company.
Farming operations are located in Igabi LGA. Applicants must be willing to relocate to the area. Certain projects may involve travel which Tomato Jos will accommodate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural/Water Resources Engineering or equivalent from a recognized polytechnic.
- 3-5 year work experience or relevant field technical experience in Horticulture, irrigation, plant cultivation, pest and diseases control and greenhouse technology with sales and marketing experience.
- Should be conversant with relevant national environmental laws.
- Must have a strong customer service, budgeting and inventory management skills.
- Have strong communication, training, management and supervisory skills.
Application Closing Date
10th July, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes or CV’s and Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org subject line should read “Greenhouse Technician”