DRC operations will initially focus on Borno and Adamawa States where DRC focus on meeting the basic needs (protection, WASH, food security and shelter) of urban caseloads and displacement camps, as well as establishing access to affected areas that have opened in recent months.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Livelihoods Assistant (National Contract Only)
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Overall Purpose of the Role
- The Livelihoods Assistant will assist in enhancing the livelihoods of beneficiaries through the provision of business training, business grants support, beneficiary information and skills training while developing the social cohesion between host community and IDPs.
- Supporting SME Development, CTP and Agricultural Inputs Distributions
- Ensure beneficiaries are screened, selected and verified through use of developed targeting criteria in operational areas.
- Provide livelihood guidance, on an individual or group basis, to increase beneficiaries’ awareness of different business options based on market assessment and beneficiary interests.
- Provide information to beneficiaries about livelihood and business development opportunities.
- Organize small business training and business planning activities with beneficiaries
- Provide information to beneficiaries on skills trainings, market opportunities, and small enterprise creation.
- Assist beneficiaries in the establishment of home gardens/poultry production and continued support throughout the project timeframe.
- Facilitate the implementation of Cash Transfer programmes and ward level; Unconditional/Conditional Cash Grants and Cash for Work
- Work with line manager to plan for agricultural inputs distributions and ensuring inputs distributed accountably.
- Work closely with Ministry of Agriculture Extension workers in facilitating vegetable farming/poultry production trainings for beneficiaries.
- Support the organization of trainings and other events related to the project.
- Establish linkages to adult learning institutions and refer beneficiaries to selected courses.
- Provide administrative support if required.
- Submit weekly reports and contribute to compilation of the monthly report and submit to line manager.
- Coordination of Ward level stakeholders in consultation with line manager.
- Ensure that protocol is followed through stakeholder consultation at all stages of project implementation.
Social Cohesion Programming:
- Assess the relevance of potential intercommunal dialogue activities linked to livelihoods to improve the dialogue and cooperation between these fields (e.g. joint workshops, peer-to-peer activities, language exchanges, etc.).
- Select beneficiaries who will participate in the activities through youth empowerment and community safety planning in coordination with AVR teams.
- Maintain Excel tracking sheet to ensure that data are collected on a timely basis.
- Contribute to regular reporting on achievements and challenges related to the project as requested by the Livelihoods Officer.
Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Work closely with the monitoring team and the Livelihood Officer on the timely monitoring and evaluation of all components – information, beneficiary selection, beneficiary feedback about activities, etc.
- Facilitate the qualitative and quantitative monitoring of the project through team meetings, visits to selected beneficiaries, regular reporting and any other monitoring tools.
- Participate in the internal evaluation of the program.
The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
Experience and Technical Competencies: (include years of experience)
- Experience in Livelihood Programming and trainings.
- An understanding of humanitarian/civil society issues in the country and the region.
- 1-2 years working experience, in the field of business is required
- Previous working experience with humanitarian agencies
- Experience working with displaced populations.
- Experience with case management protocols desirable
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- University degree or advanced training/ course in Business Administration, Agriculture, Economics, Sociology, Social Work, International Affairs, Humanitarian or related field
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages.
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- Relevant stakeholders
- Other NGOs
Application Closing Date
28th July, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The position is for Nigeria Nationals Only.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: Marie-Josee Hamel, Deputy Head of Programme
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.