We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hotline Assistant
Reference Number: HOTLINE061
- Under the direct supervision of the MEAL Manager, the Hotline assistant will be responsible for receiving and transcription all feedback received through the hotline and share them to the adequate person.
- The Hotline assistant will be based in Maiduguri and will work closely with the Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) team for technical support.
- Receive and manage calls on daily basis from Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm for CRS Program in North East Nigeria, with professionalism and respect.
- Ensure all the information shared by the callers are correctly and accurately transcripted.
- Assess the information needs of callers and provide appropriate, evidence based information and provide appropriate signposting based on the information flow and/or referral, if necessary.
- Ensure that the transcriptions of all calls are transmitted to the adequate person.
- Ensure all feedback collected from beneficiaries are kept confidential.
- Able to disseminate complex scientific information and explain it in a user-friendly manner.
- Provide emotional support via the telephone or in-person when necessary.
- Contribute and implement potential new hotline services that is align with Country Program hotline system.
- Contribute to the development of quality standards of the hotline service.
- Maintain proper documentation.
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduate level (HND/degree)
- At least 1 year experience receiving and managing calls, in a call center preferably.
- Knowledge of English, Hausa and Kanuri mandatory. Shuwa and Fulani would be an advantage.
- Experience in providing psychosocial support.
- High degree of competency and comfort with information and communication technology.
- Strong listening capacities, high degree of empathy and self-confident in challenging situations; able to manage emotions when dealing with people in distress.
- Possess excellent writing skills for correspondence, reports and/or briefs.
- Effective communication skills: able to speak sensitively to a wide range of individuals (who may be in distress).
- Team-oriented and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize a variety of initiatives
- Experience working with Information and Communication Technologies (software and hardware)
Application Closing Date
28th June , 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form Below” and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: [email protected] The position title and location must be expressly stated as the subject of the email quoting reference number: HOTLINE061.
- Applications must reach us on or before the closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- CRS is an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc.
- This position is contingent upon funding.