We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Security Programme Manager M/F
Location: Maiduguri, Borno with Frequent moves to Ngala LGA (Gamboru / Ngala)
Starting Date: ASAP
- With a view to launch an emergency intervention in Nigeria, SIF sent an exploratory mission to Borno State in September-October 2016, and decided to intervene with the provision of humanitarian assistance for the conflict-affected population in Ngala Local Government Area (LGA).
- The mission opened its first operational base in Maiduguri in December 2016, and has been developing quickly. Three projects in the sectors of food security and protection are currently implemented: food distribution and blanket supplementary feeding activities funded by the World Food Programme (WFP), seeds and fertilizers distribution activities funded by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), and Gender-Based Violence (GBV) activities supported by SIF’s own funds. In addition, an integrated food security, livelihoods and NFI project funded by CDCS (Centre de Crise et de Soutien) will be launched in September 2017.
- Activity implementation (in cooperation with the Base Manager and Program Coordinator):
- To participate in the elaboration and the implementation of the projects.
- To define partnership modalities for the implementation of the projects when relevant.
- To organize and supervise technical trainings for beneficiaries on: crop and livestock production and Income-Generating Activities and Village Saving Loans Associations.
- To identify main market-driven activities for women.
- To organize and supervise distribution activities, if necessary.
- To support food distribution and blanket supplementary feeding activities if necessary.
- Monitoring (in cooperation with the Base Manager and Program Coordinator):
- To make frequent field visits to monitor program implementation and to identify opportunities/ constraints/ adjustments needed.
- To hold planning and progress review meetings with local authorities, community leaders, and operational partners.
- To ensure quality control of the projects and the respect of agreed standards (including mainstreamed gender and protection, beneficiary participation, accountability, etc).
- Reporting (in cooperation with the Base Manager and Program Coordinator):
- To inform immediately (verbally and in written if requested) the Base Manager and Program Coordinator of any delay, conflict, problem encountered as part of the project implementation.
- To provide weekly written updates to the Base Manager and Program Coordinator.
- To prepare internal quantitative and qualitative monthly activity reports.
- Human Resources (in coordination with the Base Manager, Program Coordinator and Admin Department):
- To define and update the human resources needs for his/her program.
- To participate in the recruitment of human resources related to the program.
- To ensure a good communication/ coordination/ information-sharing between each program team member through regular coordination meetings.
- Finance (in cooperation with the Base Manager, Program Coordinator and Admin Department):
- To prepare the planning of expenditures, the budget forecast, the cash flow plan and requests for his/her activities.
- To monitor the level of expenses based on the budget follow-up of his/her program.
- Logistics (in cooperation with the Base Manager, Program Coordinator and Logistic Department):
- To participate in the elaboration of the projects’ procurement plans, according to the thresholds and procurement processes.
- To supervise the management of local contracts for goods and suppliers.
- Security (in cooperation with the Base Manager and Logistic Department):
- To follow the evolution of the security context with relevant stakeholders and to regularly report to the Base Manager.
- Operational strategy & coordination (in cooperation with the Base Manager, Program Coordinator and HoM):
- To contribute to the elaboration and update of the mission’s FSL and operational strategy.
- Representation (when requested by the Base Manager, Program Coordinator or HoM):
- To represent SIF with international/ national operational partners, State/ regional/ local authorities, community leaders, and beneficiaries.
- To liaise with local authorities, community leaders, other NGOs/ agencies, and donors to share program progress and challenges, and to ensure implementation of common standards in the field.
- The task list is neither exhaustive nor restrictive and it is evolving.
- Master’s Degree in Agronomy or Agricultural Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of previous experience in humanitarian work, including in the FSL sector.
- Extensive knowledge of project cycle management ( Well-developed organizational and planning skills).
- Strong proposal and report writing skills.
- Experience in budget holding.
- Experience in team management
- Ability to produce quality work and to make decisions under pressure.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Good computer skills and proficiency in the use of MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- Strong communication and representation skills.
- French fixed term contract “CDD d’usage”
- Remuneration according to profile
- Monthly Per diem, Guesthouse
- Medical cover (60% cover by SIF and 40% covered by the expatriate)
- R&R every at 3 and 9 month
- Return plane ticket supported by SIF for leave at 6 month
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: [email protected]
- SIF being an association with limited means, versatility and flexibility are necessary in order to overcome any difficulty temporary and exceptional.
- The employee may be affected to perform other tasks in accordance with it job category, in case of need related to the functioning of the Association or to changes in its policy and it organization, and respecting the pattern of fixed-term contract.
- Secours Islamique France diversity is a wealth;
- We will study every application with required skills for the position.