We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fish Farm Manager
- Responsible for the operations of the fish farm which comprises the Hatchery, earthen and concrete breeding ponds and the processing unit.
- Managing fish habitats throughout the year
- Establishing and Calculating a feeding regime and monitoring feed management, which is often done by automatic computer systems
- Feeding stock either manually or via automated machinery;
- Planning breeding programmes and growing schedules to obtain maximum efficiency
- Possessing stock skills such as fish handling, spawning, grading and harvesting
- Monitoring the health of the fish and treating them when appropriate;
- Maintenance of equipment and cages
- Ensuring the water supply is of a sufficient quality for the stock;
- Paying close attention to detail in order to avoid expensive fish losses in what can be a high risk industry
- Responsible for the daily operations and overall management of the fish farm
- Adhering to environmental standards
- Updating knowledge of fish health and nutrition
- Being aware of different water management techniques
- Adapting to new technologies as they develop and learning practical skills
- Record keeping and monitoring farm progress
- Keep farmers up to date with latest farming developments
- Minimum of B.Sc/HND in Animal Science, Agriculture, Social Sciences or other related discipline.
- At least 2 years experience in Fish Farm Management in a large farm
- Experience in fish husbandry and dealing with fish disease concerns is required
- Strong Personality and leadership skills with good communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure of time constraints and production requirements with little or no supervision
- Must be able to lead a team of individuals and work well with others.
- Master’s degree in aquaculture or fisheries field a plus
- Be maintaining inventory, managing the equipment maintenance, monitoring fish health and quality or dealing with customer service issues.
Application Closing Date
16th June, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a comprehensive resume/CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org for urgent recruitment and must be willing to resume duty immediately.