Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN) is a local Non-governmental organization (NGO) in Nigeria with its head office in Kaduna. CCDRN partners with communities, philanthropists, government and donors to provide sustainable community development services in the areas of conflict resolution, peace building, economic empowerment, agriculture, health, education as well as governance. CCDRN seeks to recruit the services of qualified personnel to fill its vacant position in Kaduna office.
Application Closing Date
We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Scope of Work
- To manage day to day financial activities of CCDRN according to best practices and provide financial advices to management.
- To provide accounting and book-keeping services to donor’s operations and projects.
- To coordinate all regulatory and statutory filings.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the Organisation, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Ensure partners or client’s accounts are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Ensure timely & accurate invoicing and proper archiving of financial records.
- Manage partners various income streams – individuals, funder’s etc.
- Manage donor’s budgets.
- Ensure weekly accounts reconciliation for the benefit of the ED.
- Develop a monthly management accounts for the Board.
- Produce quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Liaise with client’s auditors & tax consultants
- Track CCDRNs financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to CCDRN
- Research and analyse financial reports and market trends
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for CCDRN
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Perform any other duty commensurate with the position.
- A Bachelor’s degree (minimum of Second Class) in Accounting, Banking and Finance, or related courses
- Previous work experience in a similar role; superior mathematical skills
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns
- Experience in financial reporting for non-profit organisation
- Proficient user of Excel and Quickbooks, etc.
Required Competencies, knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of data privacy standards
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- Strong organisation, interpersonal and management skills
- Good problem solving and independent thinking skills
- Ability to work well with senior management, colleagues and the public
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Ability to plan, schedule and monitor work to meet deliverable in a timely manner
- High degree of trustworthiness, discretion & confidentiality
- Willingness to travel to any part of the country (Especially, Northeast – Nigeria)
Application Closing Date
16th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in one e-mail attachment to: [email protected]
- Late application will not be considered.
- Please clearly indicate the Position and State in the subject line of your mail.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.