We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Scope of Work
- To manage day to day financial activities of CCDRN according to best practices and provide financial advices to management.
- To provide accounting and book-keeping services to donor’s operations and projects.
- To coordinate all regulatory and statutory filings.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the Organisation, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Ensure partners or client’s accounts are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Ensure timely & accurate invoicing and proper archiving of financial records.
- Manage partners various income streams – individuals, funder’s etc.
- Manage donor’s budgets.
- Ensure weekly accounts reconciliation for the benefit of the ED.
- Develop a monthly management accounts for the Board.
- Produce quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Liaise with client’s auditors & tax consultants
- Track CCDRNs financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to CCDRN
- Research and analyse financial reports and market trends
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for CCDRN
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Perform any other duty commensurate with the position.
- A Bachelor’s degree (minimum of Second Class) in Accounting, Banking and Finance, or related courses
- Previous work experience in a similar role; superior mathematical skills
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns
- Experience in financial reporting for non-profit organisation
- Proficient user of Excel and Quickbooks, etc.
Required Competencies, knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of data privacy standards
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- Strong organisation, interpersonal and management skills
- Good problem solving and independent thinking skills
- Ability to work well with senior management, colleagues and the public
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Ability to plan, schedule and monitor work to meet deliverable in a timely manner
- High degree of trustworthiness, discretion & confidentiality
- Willingness to travel to any part of the country (Especially, Northeast – Nigeria)
Application Closing Date
16th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in one e-mail attachment to: [email protected]
- Late application will not be considered.
- Please clearly indicate the Position and State in the subject line of your mail.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.