IITA is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of the tropics. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
Applications are invited for the internationally recruited position of:
Job Title: Field Worker/Driver
Location: Ibadan, Oyo State
Job Status: Contract, 2 year renewable
- Engage in maize Seed preparation, Processing and Storage
- Participate in Planting operations for maize, field harvesting and data Collection from maize experiments and seed increase operations
- Actively participate in all maize field maintenance activities including land preparation, fertilizer and herbicide applications, thinning and hand pollinations
- Driving staff to field sites and other
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualification and Experience
- WASC and a valid driving license.
Minimum experience of 2 years in similar position.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure.
- Team player
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
7th March, 2015.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.