We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Coordinator
Location: Oyo (Ibadan, Saki, Fasola, Oyo) with travel to Lagos (Project Management Office) and across Southern Nigeria as will be required.
- The Field Coordinator will ensure high quality implementation of Sahel projects in Southwest Nigeria.
- He/she will lead the planning, coordination of, management and reporting of project activities at the state
- and local level, engaging with key stakeholders on the one hand and reporting to Sahel’s Progra Management Office (PMO) on the other hand with the objective of achieving projects’ goals.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Program Implementation
- Coordinate field activities, ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines.
- Lead the engagement with the implementing partners, service providers and other key stakeholders including federal, state and local governments and other entities involved in the program’s activities to deliver on the targets for the program
- In coordination with the Sahel PMO, facilitate the development of project strategies, plan technical capacity building interventions, activities and policies related to increasing the production and productivity of smallholder dairy farmers. Documentation, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Abide by donor requirements/regulations as well as Sahel’s procedures and policies for compliance, including financial, procurement etc.
- Support program managers in the grant award and management process to implementing partners and contractors. Ensure effective utilization of project funds by grantees.
- Support the Program Manager in planning, reviewing and tracking progress on project, implementation as well as on the utilization of project resources, effective financial management and reporting.
- Assist the Program Manager in preparing quarterly and annual progress reports
- Report on follow up, trainings, support provided to groups, monitoring and evaluation activities
- Document success stories and case studies.
- Maintain up to date documentation related to project approval, monitoring and implementation.
- Building daily progress reports into quarterly, annual and final reports and respond to the queries related to project particularly technical aspects of the project.
- Ensure that all project documentation is well organized and easy to access on the portal.
Minimum Qualification and Requirements
Candidates should have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Production and Health, Veterinary Services, Livestock Management, Agriculture or related field with 3 at least years’ relevant experience at field level of community development with a strong understanding of social development
- Strong networks with key stakeholders in the agriculture landscape in both the public, private and development sector. Experience in collaborating and managing relationships with federal and state governments, donors, private sector and other key stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, training and facilitation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent personal organizational skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- High level of interpersonal skills with the ability to work across cultures and religions, with strong communication and listening abilities, good problem solving approach and conflict resolution at individual and community level
- Strong program management skills and high level of analytical skills in planning and project implementation
- Ability to be flexible, respond professionally, and establish priorities in often fluid, changing, and challenging situations with little clear guidance is necessary.
- Ability to work calmly, tactfully, and effectively under pressure and to demonstrate extreme flexibility in managing more than one activity.
- Sound knowledge of local environment
- Willingness and enthusiasm for working with rural and vulnerable communities living in remote areas of the country.
- Proficiency in the English language (required) and Yoruba and Hausa (preferred)
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should forward their CV’s to: [email protected] with ‘PC, Oyo’ as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.