We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Coordinator
About the Project
The Nigerian Dairy Development Program (NDDP) is geared towards improving the livelihoods of smallholder dairy farmers in Nigeria by improving the productivity of their cattle and integrating them into the formal dairy value chain in Nigeria. The Project also includes a nutrition component and a gender component geared towards improving nutrition outcomes and promoting women empowerment in smallholder farming communities.
This project is implemented by Sahel Capital Partners & Advisory Ltd. and a consortium of other partners. The project seeks to boost the yields and incomes of smallholder farmers, increase nutrition outcomes and empower women involved in agriculture in Africa.
- The Field Coordinator will ensure high quality implementation of Sahel projects in Northern Nigeria.
- He/she will lead the planning, coordination of, management and reporting of project activities at the state and local level, engaging with key stakeholders on the one hand and reporting to Sahel’s Program Management Office (PMO) on the other hand with the objective of achieving projects’ goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate field activities, ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines.
- Lead the engagement with the implementing partners, service providers and other key stakeholders including federal, state and local governments and other entities involved in the program’s activities to deliver on the targets for the program
- In coordination with the Sahel PMO, facilitate the development of project strategies, plan technical capacity building interventions, activities and policies related to increasing the production and productivity of smallholder dairy farmers.
Documentation, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting:
- Abide Sahel’s procedures and policies for compliance, including financial, procurement etc.
- Support program managers in the management process to implementing partners and contractors. Ensure effective utilization of project funds by grantees.
- Support the Program Manager in planning, reviewing and tracking progress on project, implementation as well as on the utilization of project resources, effective financial management and reporting.
- Assist the Program Manager in preparing quarterly and annual progress reports
- Report on follow up, trainings, support provided to groups, monitoring and evaluation activities
- Document success stories and case studies.
- Maintain up to date documentation related to project approval, monitoring and implementation.
- Building daily progress reports into quarterly, annual and final reports and respond to the queries related to project particularly technical aspects of the project.
- Ensure that all project documentation is well organized and easy to access on the portal.
Required Skills & Experience
- University degree in Agriculture or related field with 3 years’ relevant experience at field level of community development with a strong understanding of social development
- Strong networks with key stakeholders in the agriculture landscape in both the public, private and development sector. Experience in collaborating and managing relationships with federal and state governments, donors, private sector and other key stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, training and facilitation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent personal organizational skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- High level of interpersonal skills with the ability to work across cultures and religions, with strong communication and listening abilities, good problem solving approach and conflict resolution at individual and community level
- Strong program management skills and high level of analytical skills in planning and project implementation
- Ability to be flexible, respond professionally, and establish priorities in often fluid, changing, and challenging situations with little clear guidance is necessary.
- Ability to work calmly, tactfully, and effectively under pressure and to demonstrate extreme flexibility in managing more than one activity.
- Sound knowledge of local environment
- Willingness and enthusiasm for working with rural and vulnerable communities living in remote areas of the country.
- Proficiency in the English language (required) and Hausa (preferred)
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word-formatted single document (consisting of Cover Letter and CV) to: [email protected] Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
- We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants
- Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications
- Applicants are strongly advised not to do phone calls.