Farmcrowdy’s mandate it to empower our indigenous farmers and provide a sustainable way of engaging people in Agriculture.
We are recruiitng to fill the position below:
Job Title: Farm Sales Manager
- The Farm Sales Manager will be responsible for driving revenue & growth for Farmcrowdy by brokering contracts with Out-growers and Off-takers, also increasing Farmcrowdy’s farm produce sales distribution in untapped markets; on a local, regional and international scale.
- In addition to this the Farm Sales Manager is to source for Farm Produce from other reliable Farm Markets to meet Aggregate Demand from prospective Buyers.
- We are looking for an experienced all-round Sales Manager to build and grow the business and be responsible for increasing awareness and sales of our farmers’ produce. Farmcrowdy is currently searching for someone with a willingness to roll up his/her sleeves to work with both Farm Scale and Large Scale Farmers and also Prospective Buyers at different levels of the Agricultural Value Chain.
- Develop a sales schedule for all Farmcrowdy produce; both crop and livestock.
- Work with the operations team to develop a yearly calendar for crops and livestocks, based on realistic trends and projections.
- Identify and Source Produce from other Reliable Farms (Farmers) to meet specific Demands
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products
- Implement national sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Develop and implement new sales initiatives, strategies and programs to capture key demographics.
- Develop pricing schedules and rates, and formulate sales policies and procedures
- Present timely sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the operations team.
- Maintain all necessary data and records of sales for future reference.
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Establish and adjust selling price by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- Promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships with off-takers by partnering with them and understanding their needs.
- Promote strong, long-lasting relationships with different Farmers/Farming Communities/Large Scale Farmers in order to ensure that agreed standards, quality and quantity are met as stipulated by the prospective buyers.
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales team.
- Oversee the activities and performance of the sales team.
- Ensure the sales team have the necessary resources to perform properly
Application Closing Date
4th April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter, and their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject title of the application should include the role being applied for e.g. ‘Application for Farm Sales Manager’.
- You may also include a link to your linked.in profile in the application
- Farmcrowdy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in the workforce.