Closing Date: 03 August 2018
The main aim of the FAO office in Georgia is to assist the government to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The International Agronomist and Extension Officer shall operate under the overall guidance and responsibility of the FAO Representative in Georgia; direct supervision of the ENPARD Coordinator, under the technical support of the technical officers in charge of plant protection, extension and climate smart agriculture in the FAO Regional office for Europe and Central Asia and AGDR, and in close collaboration with other international and national consultants of the ENPARD II and III projects, FAO Representation Office and Ministry of Environmental Protection and Agriculture (MEPA) of Georgia.
The Agronomist will be in charge of the day to day technical support to the ENPARD Programme in terms of Agronomy, with an especial focus in providing technical support in the evaluation of the individual or municipal investments under the matching grant component of ENPARD III, as well as supporting the extension component, including the technical support in the preparation of extension materials, the preparation of a training programme for extensionists, as well as the support to the concrete technical activities to be implemented in the field, in terms of extension methodologies such as Farmer Field Schools through demonstration plots. The International Agronomist will also provide technical support in the shaping of a Climate Smart Agriculture training programme to be developed within ENPARD.
Tasks and responsibilities
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
FAO Core Competencies
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org