We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Extension Worker
Employee will work closely with office staff providing administrative support for the smallholder program and work closely with the smallholder farmers to increase their production. Employee will report directly to the VP of Farming.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in program coordination and carry out community development-related project activities;
- Developing an effective & efficient production system and community mobilization;
- Dissemination of new approaches and technologies;
- Community mobilization activities and program coordination efforts;
- Assist in design and delivery of capacity building activities;
- Contribute to design and implementation of the project awareness campaign;
- Build capacity of the community members on village level and train community members in different skills;
- Conduct surveys, assessments, process information about cooperatives;
- Prepare weekly and monthly activity reports;
- Support and train new techniques and methods for farmers of the cooperative to enhance productivity;
- Assist in writing grants for smallholder program;
- Work with TJ affiliates and NGO’s on TJ’s behalf;
- Work with outgrower farmers to increase their productivity;
- Assist with clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating;
- Coordinate smallholder team activities and schedules;
- Perform general data entry;
- Provide professional, administrative support to the members of the Senior Management Team as requested;
- Assist with accounts payable functions;
- Assist with accounts receivable functions;
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the national values and ethical standards.
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of Tomato Jos.
- Displays cultural, gender, religious, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
- Computer literacy especially MS Office, internet, etc.
- Ability to work with a wide cross-section of partners, including Government, donors, I/NGOs and community-based organizations.
- A team player and self-starter able to inspire and influence action.
- Mature judgment combined with a proactive, resourceful and energetic approach to problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and strong organizational and time management skills.
- Capacity to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated behavior of professional and personal ethics, transparency and openness.
- Willingness to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially with primary stakeholders.
- Extension Worker should be graduated from Agriculture Faculty.
- At least 3 years of experience in the area of agriculture extension
- Must be familiar with the operating area
- Should pay respect to custom and cultural behavior of residents of operating area
- Proven communications and reporting skill.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment
- Ability to Multi- task and work under pressure
- Ability to work independently and also as an effective team member
- Professionalism in appearance and demeanor, and willingness to enhance knowledge through training and personal initiative.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes or CV’s and Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org subject line should read “Extension Worker”