- Company: EthioChicken
- Location: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ethiopia
The Import Officer is responsible for the co-ordination and management of all Purchasing and logistics activities across the company. The main objective of the position is to ensure effective and efficient purchase and delivery of goods and services. This will be done through the establishment and rationalization of key supplier selection, agreements, identification of new opportunities, and activity seeking and applying ways to improve efficiencies by ensuring legislative compliance. In addition, he/she will be responsible for tendering processes and administration of contracts in accordance with policies, procedures and specified contract requirements of the company.
· Obtain quotation for the purchase of goods, works and service
· Collect purchase order and purchase requisitions
· Deliver purchased items and orders as required
· Conduct market assessment/study
· Applying for import permit at ministry of agriculture like medicines, DOC and premixes.
· Purchasing insurance, Typing permit, Getting bank permit
· Getting a release letter from MOA and prepare for inspect imported goods
· Submitting shipping documents and others to transistor
· Follow up status of transistor on clearing goods in all stages ( inspection, phase office, duty, assessment, finance, investment, check, warehouse charge)
· Receive all imported goods from customs and Facilitate logistics to deliver goods to user department
· Getting duty free privilege for capital goods import, Process francovaluta privilege at investment office
· Clearing imports at National Bank of Ethiopia on time before getting on delinquency list
· Processing and follow up at MOA to register medicines and vaccines into our country
· Other duties as required.
· Relevant tertiary qualification and/or extensive experience in Procurement and/or logistics.
· Good knowledge of local and foreign purchases
· Demonstrated customer service skills and high level communication
· (Verbal and written) and interpersonal skills including negotiation and
· Dispute resolution skills
· Experience in planning, organizing, prioritizing and co-coordinating work in a changing environment
· Ability to work under pressure and meet competing deadlines
· Ability to use a range of computer applications
· Degree/Diploma in: Procurement and supply, Management, and Business Management
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience for Diploma, 1 year of experience for Degree
How to Apply
lease title your application, on the subject line: Application for Import Officer Position;
Only candidates meeting the required qualifications are invited to send their applications including a detailed CV through our e-mail: email@example.com or send your application through:
AGP Poultry PLC
PO Box 23279
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2018