We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engagement of Interviewer
Locations: Birnin-Kebbi LGA, Danko-wasagu LGA – Kebbi
- Catholic Relief Services (CRS), in partnership with Mercy Corps (MC), the Catholic Caritas Foundation of Nigeria (CCFN), the Federation of Muslim Women Association of Nigeria (FOMWAN) and eight (8) Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) is implementing the Feed the Future Nigeria Livelihoods Project (FFNLP), with support from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The project employs a multi-sector approach that will help 42,000 vulnerable households (HHs) in rural communities in northern Nigeria’s Sokoto and Kebbi states, and in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) grow their agricultural and non-agricultural incomes.
- To assist some of the most vulnerable households escape the poverty trap and move upward along the Pathway to Prosperity, the Feed the Future Nigeria Livelihoods Project via its Intermediate Results (IR) is providing livelihood and entrepreneurial assistance via intervention activities to vulnerable household beneficiaries. These activities include:
- Safe Spaces for Adolescent Girls: The adolescent girls’ spaces provide a safe and secure environment for girls aged 12 – 19 who are not able to receive a formal education to acquire vocational, financial, literacy and numeracy skills while empowering them to overcome the challenges and barriers to economic engagement under the supervision of safe space mentors.
- The focus of this study is to carry out an in-depth and accurate evaluation of the performance outcomes of the various IR2 sub-interventions on beneficiaries’ abilities to successfully manage and grow businesses for which they received technical and financial assistance. Secondly, determine the extent to which product value chain upgrades will be required for beneficiaries in technical and vocational skills, micro franchising agricultural production and processing to competitively meet local market opportunities. In line with this, the enumerators will administer data collection tools amongst identified project stakeholders, including mobilized beneficiaries and community members in project communities within Sokoto, Kebbi and the FCT.
Scope of Work /Responsibilities
The field enumerators will:
- Get familiar with data collection tools and study protocol
- Attend study orientation and data collection training
- Conduct field data collection test in selected communities within the states of focus on the project
- Conduct focus group discussions (FGDs) and Key informant interviews (KII) with selected stakeholders in the selected communities
- Review filled data collection tools to ensure completion and quality of data
- Provide guidance and clarifications at data analysis stage regarding collected data as needed
- Support in the mobilization of community respondents for the survey.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- Qualifications in the fields of the Social Sciences, Economics, Development Studies or Statistics.
- A sound track record in developing and conducting research
- Proven skills in the use of mobile device for data collection
- Experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative research in Northern part of Nigeria
- Experience working in selected communities and have a good understanding of the local dialects.
- Experience in data collection and analysis using participatory methodology.
- Possess a degree of flexibility to work and availability to respond to comments and questions in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Strong command over English and Hausa, especially ability to write high quality, clear and concise reports.
- Must reside in Kebbi State.
Application Closing Date
27th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in one document, addressing the position requirement to: [email protected] All applications must include the position title in the subject line.
- Submissions after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity organization and we strongly encourage women to apply for this position.