For our humanitarian Programme in North East Nigeria we are looking for a suitably qualified candidate for the position below:
Job Title: Emergency Food Security and Vulnerable Livelihoods Team Leader
Req ID: 2683
Location: Maiduguri, Borno with frequent travel to field bases
Starting Date: 15th September, 2017
- The focus of the role is to provide technical expertise to the EFSVL team, for whom market based (cash and voucher) programming is relatively new for Oxfam in Nigeria.
- The role is also to support and lead the scale up and maintain the EFSVL program pace in Nigeria, through contributing the strategic direction, ensuring quality and standard of accountability in EFSVL, providing technical support to the Team, build the capacity of officers and assistants assigned including those of partners and timely contribute to proposal writing, reporting and Situation reports.
Key Responsibilities and Accountability (non exhaustive list)
- To lead the implementation of EFSVL programme components in areas where Oxfam is responding to a humanitarian crisis, in line with Oxfam policy and agreed standards (as per approved project plans). This includes undertaking rapid needs assessments, scoping, designing, implementing and monitoring the EFSVL programme.
- Play a strong leadership role within the EFSVL team in area of response, managing an EFSVL team and working closely with Partner staff, where applicable. This includes:
- Ensuring the EFSVL team are working closely and proactively with the MEAL, logistics and finance teams and adhering to required procedures in implementing program activities on a timely, transparent and accountable manner.
- Managing, supporting, coordinating and appraising EFSVL staff appropriately, effectively and according to policy and procedures to increase understanding and build capacity on livelihoods and food security issues within the team and with partners where necessary.
- To work with teams to develop clear, realistic and achievable work plans for EFSVL interventions.
- To contribute to Concept Notes and draft proposals for funding as required.
- To coordinate with other agencies, particularly those undertaking EFSVL programmes including Food Distributions, UTC, Cash for Work, Vouchers, livelihood protection and promotion activities including agricultural and livestock support.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge
- A suitable qualification in the relevant field of food security and livelihoods (Agriculture Economics, Economics, Community Development, etc.)
- At least four (4) years in relief and /or development work with INGO / NGO/ or Government, and knowledge and experience of work in EFSL interventions, including market based and cash transfer programmes (vouchers included), Experience of in kind food or other items distributions;
- Proven experience in designing, implementing and monitoring UTC, CfW and Voucher programmes This includes designing all necessary formats and training staff in the implementing CTP.
- Proven experience in post distribution monitoring and price monitoring.
- Proven experience in market assessment and analysis.
- Experience and knowledge of Livelihood asset protection and recovery activities in emergency and post-emergency situations.
- Good understanding of Resilience approaches.
- Strong leadership and management skills and ability to work and build a good team and team spirit. Strong mentoring and capacity building skills. Ability to work autonomously with minimum supervision.
- Good communicator in English – both written and oral as well as a good listener.
- Good community participation skills – PRA and other methodologies, good negotiating capacities.
- Already worked in conflict zone and complex crisis areas, difficult rural locations, able to work and deliver under stress;
A competitive and fair pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors.
Application Closing Date
8th September, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online