We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Emergency Food Security and Vulnerable Livelihoods (EFSVL) Assistant
Location: Mubi, Adamawa State, Nigeria
Job Family: Programme
Level: National E1
Duration 6 months
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: EFSVL Officer
- To work with others to overcome poverty and suffering
- To ensure implementation of food and nutrition security activities and contribute to stabilisation of affected households in Adamawa State.
- To support the implementation of food security and livelihoods activities.
- Supervising/ monitoring resources within defined boundaries or a specialist area, which may include people, assets and/or budgets.
- Providing support and advice to team leaders on areas of work covered in their remit.
- Provides support for and supervises implementation of operational plans to agreed standards.
- Assists with the development of solutions to diverse and complex problems and develops solutions to more routine problems.
- Applies information received in a variety of formats primarily from field officers and partner staff. .
- Flexibility to anticipate and resolve challenges within the operational context.
- Influences functional/ operational and specialist planning.
- Influence staff and volunteers in Oxfam and develop effective relationships with external bodies.
- Supervise Oxfam and partner staff in the field offices and field operations.
- Provides support and supervise Oxfam and Partner staff in implementing food security/livelihoods.
- Provides support to community consultation work including holding community meetings and focus group discussions, promoting social mobilisation, beneficiary targeting process, beneficiary registration, and post-distribution monitoring, food security and livelihood assessments, market prices surveillance monitoring, trader and money transfer assessment.
- Prepares weekly and monthly plans
- Ensures that EFSVL is integrated with other programme teams, including water and sanitation engineering teams, and public health promotion teams.
- Supports protection teams with identification of cases, including use of feedback and referrals
- Applies gender-sensitive approaches to the community work and be comfortable to be involved in or lead community sensitisation and awareness sessions.
- Actively supports and collaborates with the field officers and EFSL Field Manager
- Works with the MEAL team to monitor the impact of our work on the people and report against project indicators
- Applies accountability systems to ensure that communities we work with are able to engage in programme design and implementation, and are aware of and can use the Feedback and Complaints system managed by MEAL.
Educational Qualification and Work Experience
- Educational background in a relevant discipline (preferably sociology, agriculture, microenterprise development, economy) or substantial community development experience.
- Experience in Food Security and Livelihood programs;
- At least two years of experience in appropriate community mobilisation, livelihoods, and/or cash programming in early recovery setting with national or International organizations.
- Experience in community action planning processes
The post-holder will have the following attributes:
- Knowledge of market based food security and livelihood interventions, in emergency contexts, including cash transfers
- Proven ability to work creatively, innovatively, using owns initiative with limited direct supervision as well as a working effectively as a team player.
- Knowledge and experience of baseline assessments, data gathering within communities, understanding and experience in gender analysis, promoting gender equity, and an active commitment to promoting the interests of marginalised people
- Data collection experience; comfortable using mobile devices.
- High level of interpersonal and communications skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Strong commitment and sympathy to Oxfam aims and values – which are inclusiveness, diversity and accountability. This also includes commitment to Equal Opportunities (e.g.: gender, race, disability).
- This job description is not incorporated in the employment contract. It is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time in the light of strategic developments and following discussion with the post holder.
As per salary scale.
Application Closing Date
7th June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their application letters and Curriculum Vitae as one attachment in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title and Location as the subject of your email.
- Applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates presently residing in Mubi environs are strongly advised to apply.