We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Education & Livelihood Officer
Req ID: 25222
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Contract Duration: 12 months
- This position is responsible for Livelihood and Education activities in close collaboration with child protection team implementing the UNICEF Child Protection funded project and will support the implementation of the Education and Livelihoods activities in the field in accordance with Plan International’s Child Protection in Emergencies response in North East Nigeria.
- Support the project manager in planning for implementation of Education and livelihood project activities and monitoring in line with project design;
- Working under supervision of the Project Manager with technical support from the Livelihood Specialist and Education Specialist to maintain good relationships with stakeholders and provide feedback on Education, food security and early recovery cluster and related contextual issues;
- Coordinates implementation of Education and livelihood project activities in the project intervention location including addressing complaints from beneficiaries;
- Liaise with the Community Engagement Officer to introducing project, creating awareness and sensitization in target communities on project objectives and approaches as well as beneficiary selection criteria related to the Education and livelihood component;
- Support the Project Manager to prioritize intervention communities and beneficiaries based on set criteria;
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree or equivalent in Education, Agriculture, Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, or related fields
- Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience in Education or livelihoods programming, humanitarian affairs or human rights.
- Experience working in emergency settings
- Experience working in CAAFAG reintegration programs
- Experience working with refugees and other vulnerable populations (ideal)
- Experience in Community Based programming
- Previous experience directly providing services to children at risk and victims of abuse, exploitation and violence and developing/implementing referral pathways and case management systems.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong skills in monitoring, evaluation, research and conducting participatory, community-led assessments. Experience working with case files and databases and providing regular documentation.
- Excellent community mobilization skills
- Ability to work individually and within a team with limited supervision. A self-starter.
- Good analytical, problem solving and project planning skills
- Able to communicate clearly and strategically with internal and external stakeholders as a representative of Plan. This includes effective negotiation and representation skills.
- Strong capacity building/training/coaching/mentoring skills with communities and internal and external staff
- Computer knowledge – Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong command of both written and spoken English and knowledge of local language (Hausa, Kanuri) strongly desired
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online