We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Economic Empowerment Assistant
Location: Jos, Plateau
Reports To: Economic Empowerment Officer
- The Economic Empowerment Assistant will be in charge of all VSLA activities. Will assist the Economic Empowerment Officer to appropriately Plan and deliver VSLA, Business and skills training to existing and newly emerging groups of Women for Women International (WfWI) Core program and graduate participants.
- Collaborate with the Social Empowerment and Economic Empowerment (Numeracy, Business and Skill) trainers to plan and schedule trainings, synthesize material and maximize training results using Participatory Rural Appraisal Tools of Adult learning.
- Work closely with and assist the M&E team on the intensive visit to administer pre-and post-test.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively contribute to VSLA planning, mobilization, identification, scheduling, implementation and supervision; and participate in Training of Trainers sessions in accordance with Economic Empowerment strategy.
- Ensure the correct selection criteria of participants based on standard VSLA methodology to fit to WfWI implementation strategy.
- Responsible for ensuring all the VSLA trainees receive the required training as well as Numeracy, Business and Vocational Skill trainings as per plan and track participants’ progress, with the help of Economic Empowerment Officer.
- Conduct pre-and post-test questionnaires following training modules and communicate feedback to the M&E Team.
- Track records and ensures quality management for all VSLA groups and participant’s attendance sheets and support local VSLA agents when necessary.
- Keep training records and files up to date, filing forms for Economic Empowerment department
- Assist and participate in the overall economic empowerment team activities e.g. selection and sensitization of participants for numeracy, business and vocational skills trainings.
- Support the Economic Empowerment Officer to develop schedule for trainings, monitor and report on progress of the trainers.
- Provide weekly reports on progress of VSLA and other Economic Empowerment activities.
- Track and develop VSLA success stories
- Perform other tasks of economic empowerment department not covered by the above
Skills and Qualifications
- A Degree is required in Business Administration, Social Work, Education, Agriculture or specialized training in community economic development.
- At least two (2) years of relevant work experience, preferably with experience in training and/or teaching adults.
- Must be knowledgeable on economic development practices in the local area and capable of providing proper advice and guidance to adults.
- Must be attuned to the needs of women in the program to give proper advice.
- Good facilitation and organizational skills.
- Possess analytical and good problems solving skill
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Basic computer skills in MS Word, Excel, and Email.
- Maintain confidentiality and information about the participants’ financial progress
- Committed personality, transparent and willing to work extra time
- Deliver accurate information about the organization i.e. without amendments or falsification
- Fluency in English and Hausa languages is required (reading, writing and speaking);
- Focused and target oriented
- Innovative and able to take instructions and execute with little or no supervision
- Creativity and good listening skills
- A good understanding of business environment and rural sociology and a keen business sense
- Good oral and written communication skills
Application Closing Date
19th January, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s and Cover Letter and 3 professional references to: [email protected] Please specify “Economic Empowerment Assistant” in the subject line.
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be invited for interview. No telephone inquiries please.