The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (1-year renewable contract)
- Drive YIIFSAW-II Project vehicles to convey authorized staff and visiting partners;
- Drive vehicles on errands for project activities and assist in the execution of project activities in the execution in laboratory, screenhouse, glass house and on field;
- Carryout daily maintenance of project vehicle (cleaning and regular check-up);
- Ensure vehicle documents are up to date and comply with minimum security operating standards (MSOS);
- Report malfunction of the YIIFSWA vehicles under his care to the immediate supervisor;
- Record trip details in the vehicle logbook including filling of the monthly balance sheet;
- Carryout office duties such as photocopying, sorting of documents etc;
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- O’ Level with valid drivers’ licence with minimum of three (3) years’ related experience performing related role in an international organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have ability to work with staff of different ethnic group and nationalities;
- Be computer literacy in using field tablets;
- Have good communication skill (fluency in writing, reading and spoken English).
- Be ready to work longer hours and weekends if needs be.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
14th July, 2020.
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format no later than the deadline
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.