Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
Application Closing Date
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant
- Consultancy on quantitative and qualitative assessment of the SMILE- Child TB intervention
- The Sustainable Mechanisms for Improving Livelihoods and Household Empowerment (SMILE) project is a five year (April 2013 – March 2018) Cooperative Agreement between Catholic Relief Services (CRS) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). CRS Nigeria leads the SMILE consortium consisting of ActionAid Nigeria and Westat.
- The project is designed to scale-up care and support services for orphans and vulnerable children in Benue, Kogi, Edo, and Nasarawa states and the FCT. SMILE seeks to improve the wellbeing of 600,000 Vulnerable Children (VC) and 150,000 caregivers. In response to the national TB burden, especially childhood TB, SMILE initiated a pilot childhood TB integration into OVC programming. This pilot initiative started in Quarter 2 of 2016 Financial Year (FY16) to improve TB case detection among children in Benue State.
Objectives of the Consultancy
- CRS/SMILE require skilled and experienced consultants to support the quantitative and qualitative assessment of the SMILE Child TB intervention across 12 LGA in Benue state.
- Coverage/Location of Consultancy service 12 LGA in Benue state (Ado, Buruku, Gboko, Katsina Ala, Konshisha, Kwande, Obi, Oju, Okpokwu, Otukpo, Ukum and Ushongo).
- The consultant is to liaise with the Technical Advisor (HIV and TB) in the course of his/her work for information as needed.
The successful consultant will in collaboration with the SMILE team:
- Participate in the finalization of the SMILE TB pilot evaluation protocol to ensure that the evaluation
- questions are answered comprehensively.
- Translate the data collection instruments into relevant languages
- Using the study protocol as a guide, develop survey tools, checklists, training manuals and survey guidelines for the collection of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Facilitate approval of ethical review by an appropriate Institutional Review Board (IRB) prior to training data collectors and initiation of data collection.
- Candidates should possess relevant qualifications.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]