We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Final Evaluation of the Humanitarian Multi-sectoral Rapid Response Mechanism
Locations: Borno and Yobe
Start Date: 15th December 2017
End Date: 23rd February 2018
Language of Report: English
Working Language: English
- ACF-UK is currently recruiting an independent Consultant with experience in Health; Nutrition; WASH; Logistic Support and Relief Commodities; Agriculture and Food Security; and Economic Recovery and Market Systems Health for the independent final evaluation of the ‘Humanitarian multi-sectoral rapid response mechanism – Yobe and Borno State, Nigeria.
- The start date of the evaluation is intended for the 15th of December 2017 and should run through to the 23rd of February 2018. This will comprise of approximately 29.5 days of work.
The evaluation will be carried out by an international evaluation consultant with the following profile:
- A Program Management Specialist with technical skills in Health, Nutrition, Food Security and Livelihoods
- A Degree in Health, Engineering, Food Security, Public Health or Nutrition, with experience in conducting evaluations on the same sectors.
- Over 10 years’ field experience in evaluation of Humanitarian/Development Projects in conflict and post conflict environment.
- Significant experience in coordination, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs;
- Good communications skills and experience in workshop facilitation and presentations.
- Ability to write clear and useful reports (may be required to produce examples of previous work);
- Fluent in English;
- Previous experience in conducting (USAID/OFDA) evaluations
- Ability to manage the available time and resources and to work to tight deadlines;
- Prior experience in Nigeria or knowledge of the NE Nigerian context preferred
- Knowledge of the OECD Development Assistance Committee (DAC) criteria evaluation approach for evaluating its projects
- Experience in working in emergency set ups with minimal resources.
Application Closing Date
9am, 30th October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, which should consist of the following below:
- The expression of interest (highlighting your relevant experience, your daily rate in US Dollar)
- An up-to-date CV
- The details of 2-3 references
- 1-2 relevant work samples