We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Complex Assistant
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
The Hiring Complex (Various)
- The Vice Presidency for ‘Agriculture, Human, and Social Development is a Sector Complex focusing on the Bank’s Ten Year Strategy High 5s priority of “Feed Africa” and “Improve Quality of Life for the People of Africa”.
- The Chief Economist/Vice-President for Economic Governance and Knowledge Management is the Bank’s spokesperson on economic matters and the Vice-President for the ‘Economics Governance and Knowledge Management Complex’
- The Vice-Presidency for Finance oversees the financial management of the Bank Group.
- The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The Bank has reorganized and is developing the Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Complex whose major objective is to build regional capabilities and bring responsibility for client activities closer to the regions.
- The Vice-Presidency for ‘Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth’ is a Sector Complex focusing on the Bank’s Ten Year Strategy High 5s priority of “Light up and Power Africa”.
- The Job of Complex Assistant which falls under General Support Services that provides administrative support for the smooth running of the Complex, ensures that the vice president is freed from all tasks which could otherwise impede the efficient discharge of higher duties and responsibilities.
- Each complex has its unique functions but the Complex Assistant works more or less uniformly irrespective of the Complex to assure hitch-free operations within the office of the respective Vice-President.
- Accordingly, the Complex Assistant’s job facilitates and contributes to the success of the Vice-President in performing his/her role as a key functionary in the Bank’s strategy for the achievement of the High 5s.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general guidance and overall supervision of the Vice-President, the Complex Assistant will perform the following:
- Devise and maintain office systems to deal efficiently with paper flow; organize and store paperwork, documents and computer-based information;
- Track and follow up on documents: deal with incoming email, faxes, post and correspondence;
- Distribute Papers from the Vice President’s office and maintain a follow up system as required.
- Organize and attend to the Vice-President’s multiple engagements as required such as conference bridges, appointments, luncheons and other official events;
- Ensure that the Vice President is well-prepared for these meetings and engagements through provision of Agenda, minutes and supporting documents;
- Arrange travel, visas and accommodation and, occasionally, travel with the Vice President to provide general assistance;
- Coordinate visits of senior management as needed, which includes in particular; the setting up of appointments, arranging logistics and transportation;
- Handle internal and general enquiries: screen telephone calls and requests as appropriate; welcome and look after visitors; organize and maintain diaries and make appointments;
- Provide administrative assistance to the Vice-President, Vice President’s Advisor and Vice President’s Assistant as required; These include the management of the filing and retrieval system;
- Screen incoming calls to ensure the effective use of the Vice President’s time.
- Manage systems. Create and process expense reports;
- Assist the management in issues concerning resources such as administrative budget; independently monitor and review expenses and bring emerging issues to the attention of the vice president.
Support to Analytical Work:
- Produce documents, briefing papers, reports, spreadsheets and presentations;
- Take notes at meetings, write letters, prepare minutes – as requested;
- Ensure adherence to African Development Bank Group guidelines for all administrative undertakings;
- Respond to inquiries from Bank executives, liaise with clients and other staff, Facilitate coordination with other vice-presidencies; partner and work with other Assistants and groups in different locations;
- Carry out background research and present findings into subjects the Vice-President is dealing with.
Including Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Business Management, Commerce, Administration or related discipline;
- Training in report writing/administration/office management is advantageous;
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant and practical experience, in an executive office in a support function;
- Experience in supporting operations of international organizations is preferable;
- Having private sector experience will be an added advantage;
- Innovation and creativity;
- Problem solving;
- Client orientation;
- Team working and relationships;
- Operational effectiveness;
- Inter-cultural sensitivity;
- Able to work under pressure and to prioritize in the dynamic setting of an international and multicultural setting;
- Skills in handling internal and external requests efficiently;
- Excellent sense of initiative, confidentiality, enthusiasm, and team spirit;
- Organization – Time, Space and Task Skills;
- Broad knowledge of Business Concepts;
- Good knowledge of Administration and Office Support Services including Systems and Procedures;
- Proficiency in use of standard office equipment e.g., Computer, fax, photocopier, scanner, etc.;
- Advanced proficiency to quickly adapt to new technology by acquiring required skills;
- Ability to deploy sound judgment and make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction;
- Ability to deploy knowledge, skills and abilities to work effectively without constant and direct supervision or guidance;
- Ability to adjust to multiple deadlines and attention to detail while working with diverse workforce;
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other;
- Bilingualism, knowledge of Arabic, Portuguese, etc. is an advantage;
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SAP and/or other integrated document management system).
Application Closing Date
12th September, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online