The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communication Assistant
Locations: Ibadan & Abuja
Recruitment Type: National (1-2 year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- In consultation with the IITA Communications office; develop and implement communication strategies and campaigns to support AfricaYam project activities and improve the project visibility among investors/donors, partners, beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Support the information dissemination and awareness creation through the Yam Community of Practice (YCoP) activity of the project.
- Capture and write up stories about AfricaYam work for a diverse range of stakeholders and publish them on social media platforms as well as other formats including video, radio, stills, website and print publications.
- Assist with purchase requisitions through Supply chain unit, ensure efficient travel logistics for project staff and provide support for routine office activities
- Generate/contribute written content and provide editing and quality control in the production of Publications and project documents such as progress reports, newsletters, annual highlights, R4D Review, among others
- Create and manage the project’s social media channels, uploading information and materials;
- Monitor comments and provide feedback.
- Perform any other duties as properly assigned by supervisor
- HND/B.Sc in Communications, Journalism, Media relations or related degree in Social Science with Minimum three (3) years’ experience in print or digital media house preferably in an international organization
The ideal candidate must:
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skill (Fluency in French will be an added advantage)
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
12th May, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, the application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)