CNFA is currently seeking a technical expert in day-old chicks (DOC) and hatcheries to support an anticipated World Bank Program in Tanzania and Nigeria. The position will require travel to both countries to support reforms in DOC and hatcheries management. In this capacity, the technical expert will provide technical advice and guidance on the development and implementation of day-old chicks and hatcheries management regulations and guidelines as well as to support enforcement capacity with responsible government agencies in Nigeria and Tanzania. The technical expert will ensure the quality and quantity of chicks supplied in the market will improve and thus contribute to improved livestock productivity and income generation.
- A Master’s degree in Animal Nutrition, Animal Science, Veterinary Medicine, Livestock Development, Agricultural/Livestock Economics or a related field;
- Experience of working in a regulatory environment in Sub Saharan Africa;
- Experience in poultry and hatchery management and development of technical regulations related to poultry and their enforcement would be an advantage;
- Experience working with governments on policy reform, institutional reform and policy enforcement, especially related to inspections and in a developing country context is highly desired;
- Extensive experience in developing and facilitating training workshops, especially related to agribusiness;
- Knowledge and experience working and / or collaborating either with the World Food Organization (WHO), Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), World Organization for Animal Health (OIE), World Bank Group or a related organization, donor, or international nongovernmental organization;
- Demonstrated leadership in the development and implementation of work related to poultry quality, safety, and control would be an added advantage;
- Strong understanding of poultry sector policies, particularly on the day-old chicks supply chain and hatcheries management;
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skill;
- Excellent writing and reporting skills;
- Computer proficiency, especially on presentation software.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY