CNFA is a not-for-profit international agricultural development organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. and dedicated to increasing rural incomes by empowering farmers and rural entrepreneurs. CNFA assists smallholders in increasing household-level food security and nutrition through improved agricultural practices, introduction of new varieties, diversification of crop production, food preservation and storage, development of farmer-based organizations, and strengthened linkages to markets. CNFA has a successful track record of implementing agricultural development programs in 43 countries. www.cnfa.org
CNFA is currently seeking a Director of Business Relationships on the upcoming USAID/Senegal Agricultural Value Chain Services.The position will be based in Senegal. The Director of Business Relationships will support project implementation by creating and maintaining relationships with a variety of private-sector actors, including small, medium, and large enterprises, financial institutions, and business development service providers.
- 8+ years of experience leading business development, partnership development, and/or workforce development activities is required;
- Experience building the capacity of agricultural enterprises is required;
- Demonstrated network of business relations in the agriculture, financial, and business development services is required;
- Experience building the capacity of agribusinesses to improve management, organizational structure, investment-readiness, and trade relationships is strongly preferred;
- Experience working with Senegalese government agencies related to entrepreneurism, agribusiness, and agricultural finance and credit is strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated capacity for diplomacy, negotiation, and communications is required and must be demonstrated during the hiring process;
- Either a Master’s degree and 5+ years of work experience or a Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of work experience is required;
- International donor experience is required, USAID experience is preferred;
- Fluency in French and English is required, fluency in local languages is a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.