CNFA is currently seeking an Agriculture and Natural Resource Management Lead to support its Development Food Security Activity (DFSA) in Malawi. The position will be based in Malawi. The Agriculture and Natural Resource Management Lead will provide strategic and technical leadership in interventions to improve agricultural productivity and quality, and promote the use of climate-smart agricultural technologies and practices. CNFA is a global leader in building strong and stable agricultural value chains and has 15 years of experience in Malawi agriculture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consolidate, develop, and strengthen DFSA’s strategic and technical leadership in agriculture and natural resource management by conducting situational analysis and assessment, identifying priorities and providing support in designing DFSA interventions;
- Provide technical input for project implementation activities and participate in project management meetings to ensure integrated interventions and implementation;
- Build team capacity by planning and conducting technical trainings for field staff;
- Support the field and home office teams in identifying and solving technical difficulties, drafting reports to capture gaps, challenges, and opportunities in project execution;
- In coordination with the program team, develop, execute, and monitor work plans for agriculture and livelihood activities;
- Represent CNFA and provide technical inputs for project-related national/international events, and stakeholders’ meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field including agriculture, agriculture economics, international development, food security, environmental science, or a related field;
- At least five (5) years of experience working on similar projects focused on agriculture and natural resource management; experience working on Food for Peace or other USAID-funded programs preferred;
- Experience overseeing activities to improve agricultural productivity and smallholder farmers’ farm management skills;
- Experience overseeing activities related to natural resource management and climate smart agricultural technologies, such as soil and water conserving practices appropriate to the ecosystem and promoting diversified cropping systems;
- Demonstrated ability to work and coordinate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders, including national and local government, donors, community-based organizations, and the private sector;
- Spoken and written proficiency in English; knowledge of local language(s) preferred;
- Experience working in Malawi, preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and Qualified candidates should visit https://jobs.lever.co/cnfa.org/82236442-2bf5-4239-87e5-9eb41b5ba300/apply