Our client, an international Agribusiness company, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Specialist/Project Manager – Agric Input/Fertilizer
- The specialist will be saddled with the responsibility of driving the commercialization plan for assigned targeted focus crop group ( grains & pulses , processing crops and others) consistent with the mid long term business plans and from clear understanding of markets ( consumer) unmet needs and dynamics.
- To drive commercialization plan for the targeted crop groups ( grains ,pulses ,processing crops and others) come with a plan that will deliver on financial parameters for new businesses in line with strategic business decisions.
- Prepare comprehensive ,realistic action plans based on agreed project methodology for implementation within agreed expectations, timelines and budget and regular reporting / review on progress.
- Responsible to manage the assigned crop agribusiness budget ,it’s prudent deployment and ensure that project objectives are achieved.
- Will work with other units in determining consumer research objectives ,initiating market research and integrating research findings to product plans.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (minimum of 2:1) in Agriculture with additional background in Finance, Management, etc.
- Basic agronomy knowledge and farming practices of targeted crop ( practical knowledge a pre- requisite from production and possibly processing aspect )
- Minimum 5 years experience in each value chain and preferably from a processing angle (specialist for grain and pulses, specialist for processing ,project manager for Agric input / fertilizer).
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.