We are seeking a suitable and qualified candidate to fill the vacant position below, this position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria:
Job Title: Brush-Cutter
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: Facilities Management
Summary of Position
- The Brush-Cutter is charged with the responsibility of cutting trees, brush, and other growth, using chain saw, ax, brush-hook, and other hand tools to clear land for construction, forestry, logging or agriculture activities, to remove infestation, or to control growth along utility, highway, or railroad right-of-way. May pile brush for burning or load onto trucks.
- May feed brush into shredding or chipping machine in accordance with set standards of operation.
- Strong and healthy, because their work requires much reaching, bending, lifting, and walking.
- There are no specific educational requirements for brush cutters
- Most brush cutters get their training on the job
- Willingness and ability to operate mechanical saws
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Brush-Cutters usually work alone or in small crews.
- Ability to work well with tools and machinery.
- Working hours outdoors.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Application Closing Date
22nd August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.