Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the underlisted vacant positions in the Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike.
(DEPARTMENT OF PLANT SCIENCE AND BIOTECHNOLOGY)
Position: Associate Professor (Mycology and Plant Pathology, Plant Physiology)
- Candidate must have Ph.D in relevant fields, plus at least 10 years post qualification experience and must show evidence of teaching/research experience in a University or Institution of similar standing.
- He or she must provide evidence of scholarly publications in learned journals.
Position: Senior Lecturer (Plant Physiology, Mycology, Plant Pathology, Plant Taxonomy and Biosystematics)
- Candidates must have Ph.D in relevant field, with 6 years post qualification experience and other requirements as indicated in that of Professors.
Position: Lecturer I (Plant Physiology, Plant Taxonomy and Biosystematics, Plant Biotechnology/Bio-information)
- Applicant should have Ph.D with at least two (2) years post qualification experience and scholarly publications in relevant area of specialization.
Position: Lecturer II (Plant Ecology, Genetics and Plant Breeding, Plant Physiology, Plant Nematology, Plant Anatomy)
- Applicant should have Ph.D or M.Sc with at least three (3) years post qualification experience in relevant field, plus scholarly publications.
Position: Assistant Lecturer (Plant Physiology, Plant Ecology)
- Applicant should have M.Sc in relevant field.
- Evidence of registration for a Ph.D programme will be an added advantage.
Position: Graduate Assistant
- Candidates must possess a First Class or Second Class Honour Upper Division degree in relevant field.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are requested to submit fifteen (15) typewritten copies of their applications along with their curriculum vitae and credentials giving the following information in the order listed below:
- Post for which application is submitted
- Permanent Home Address;
- Date of Birth; Age (Attach evidence);
- Marital Status;
- Name and Address of Spouse (if married);
- Number of Children with ages;
- Next of Kin;
- Institutions attended with qualification obtained and dates;
- Previous Employment with dates, duties performed;
- Previous Status;
- Current Salary indicating level, step and salary per annum;
- Academic Publications;
- And address of three (3) Referees whose report should reach the University before the closing date.
Application should be addressed to:
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike
Application closes on 6th September, 2012.