We are recruiting to fill the vacant postion below:
Job Title: Assistant Nutrition Project Manager
Scope of the Vacancy
- Under the general supervision of the Nutrition Manager, the Assistant Nutrition Manager will contribute to COOPI’s current nutrition programmatic portfolio via project design, planning implementation, monitor and evaluation of CMAM, IYCF, mother support groups and hygiene promotion activities.
- He/she will liaise with stakeholders including INGOs, UN agencies, Ministry of health and local government partners in areas we are working.
- Thus, the primary functions of the Assistant Nutrition Project Manager is to assist the Nutrition Manager in providing leadership and overall day to day management of all nutrition programming in COOPI projects in Nigeria.
- S/he will lead the development of strategies and manage existing programs and resources, and provide day to day supervision, management and coaching to a wide team of Nutrition and Food Security.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Nutrition Manager and in collaboration with the Project Managers, Field Coordinators, and other collaborators of the projects and of the Base, he/she will:
Program Management, Implementation, Evaluation &Monitoring:
- Effective implementation of nutrition Projects within the frame work of pertinent national/area nutrition policy, strategy and guidelines
- Support the Nutrition Manager in leading the nutrition team in the program area for effective implementation of the activities for achievement of the project goal with clear job descriptions and deliverables for each and every one of the team member.
- Provide direct hands-on technical support to nutrition staff and partners to effectively and innovatively manage nutrition projects with focus on key technical area.
- Coordinate the nutrition response and recovery activities across a wide range of actors, donors, host governments, UN and NGO partners to ensure consistency of programming.
- Strong negotiation skill with the partners, host community, government officials.
- Actively participate and represent COOPI in YobeState nutrition sector meetings.
- Assist the Nutrition Manager in the development of the nutrition program strategies, with support from national nutrition team, for the specific disaster response
- Assist in development of, or provide technical review for, nutrition proposals ensure that proposed activities and programs align with best practice in the nutrition sector. Also apply new developments in the nutrition sector to COOPI programming when appropriate.
- Be fully aware of national policies, strategies and other initiatives and developments by government and other stakeholders in the area of nutrition community mobilization and IYCF.
- Design and propose relevant and cost effective community mobilization and IYCF approaches.
- Regularly assess the implications for COOPI’s programme and priorities of any changes in the operating environment in this sector and report on these to the nutrition manager as required.
- Actively participate in surveys done at the Community level (KAP, SMART)
Logistics and Budget Management:
- Follow the logistic issues in relation to all nutrition projects including CMAM ,community mobilization, IYCF and MCGs including preparing procurement plans and other purchasing documents and following the status of procurement and finally leading the proper utilization of procured nutrition items collaborating with logistics department
- Closely monitor program budgetary expenditures, follow budget spending updates from finance team.
- Ensure smooth phase out in each nutrition projects in the area during project phase out period
- Lead the nutrition staff for the proper planning and utilization of resources under the nutrition program
Reporting and M/E:
- In liaison with M&E, MIS,Data entry staff and the Nutrition Manager, plan, coordinate and prepare implementation and assessment/survey reports and ensure quality and timely reports are submitted to final destination.
- Regularly submit reports to the nutrition manager as per the reporting schedule and draft assist the compilation of intermediate and final donor reports
- Monitor the day to day implementation of nutrition community mobilization and IYCF program activities as per the detail implementation plan and project agreement with the donors and partners
Representation, Capacity Building and Coordination:
- Represent COOPI in Nutrition sector meetings at state level and national level when requested
- Identify and provide relevant trainings to the nutrition team members whenever needed. Provide technical support and training where required to all team members and partners
- Coordinate with program staff for technical issues with the nutrition manager, project managers, program coordinator
- Strengthen partnerships, institutional linkages and working relationships with other sectors (child protection, education, food security, agriculture)
- Build the capacity of staff and community mobilizers to deliver quality service and undertake participatory monitoring of the implementation of the project works and record lessons and reports.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and assigned by his/her supervisor.
Profile of the Candidate (Education, Training, Competences, Skills)
- Nutrition and Health qualifications (Degree in nutrition, nursing, public health)
- Share the humanitarian mission of the organization
- Good communication skills
- Ability to communicate with vulnerable populations
- Proven experience in related field
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Accuracy and promptness in performing duties
- English writing and speaking skill preferred
- Be proficient in statistics and other software (Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, ENA for SMART)
- Have excellent team, budget, and project management and representation competencies.
- Have the capacity to be flexible and supervise and coach health workers.
- Have the ability and willingness to frequently travel to villages and stay at the field.
- Have previous NGO experience managing mobilization in different interventions (i.e. cash transfers, wash, Nutrition) preferably.
Desired Competencies / Skills:
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and culturally sensitive
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local context
- Knowledge of the local language (Hausa/Kanuri)
24th October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: email@example.com specifying in the e-mail subject: “Assistant Nutrition Project Manager”.
E-mail applications inclusive of:
- CV (max 3 pages)
- Cover Letter (max 1 page)
- Minimum three qualified reference contacts
- Please note that any late application or incomplete submission will not be considered and thus will be disregarded immediately.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.