Standard IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
The Operations division of Standard Bank is at the very centre of all the bank’s procedures, enabling and optimising our Corporate and Investment Banking activities. We develop prototype concepts into robust, reliable solutions, constantly evolving our existing product range to help the bank maintain a competitive lead with our global clients. We are also in demand as internal consultants to the business, helping to manage the Bank’s assets through effective risk management and control systems. As part of this role we now seek an experienced Internal Control professional, who will help guide our work to fulfill our ambitious growth strategy
Standard IBTC Bank is recruiting for the vacant position:
Job Title: Assistant Agric Manager – North Central
Job ID: 12676
Location: North Central, Nigeria
Main purpose of the job
- To articulate and co-ordinate the delivery of the agricultural segment strategy and value proposition in the North Central through the provision of a specialist agricultural business support service on customer growth, retention and segment profitability.
- Agricultural Business Customer Strategy
- Set the short, medium and long term startegic objectives for building agricultural banking business in North Central
- Oversee project managemnnet and successful implementation of agricultural segment proposition in North Central.
- Continously evaluate relevance and effectiveness of the segmentation and value propositions.
- Identify sub-segment oppourtunities and design value propositions and stratgies to effectively service these sub-segments in North Central
Development, implementation and monitoring of Agricultural Business in North Central Zone
- Take ownership of all Agricultural Banking Segment projects and initiatives and ensure effective project managemnet and completion within agreed timelines and budgets including managing all stakeholders on which the projects are dependent.
- Work with and build relationships with the Agricultural team and other Stake holders to ensure appropriate levels of alignment.
- Co-ordinate the development of suitable Agricultural activities in the North Central Region and then monitor perfomance and take actions where necessary.
- Develop good relationship with CBN, NAIC and other organizations , identify trends, benchmarks and best practises in Agricultural banking in the respective states within the North Central Zone and take the lead in this regard.
Lending and Risk Management
- Facilitating a sound working partnership with Branch and Regional Managers to stimulate growth without compromising risk and the quality of lending.
- Supporting credit in managing and controlling total agricultural industry and client exposure.
Key Performance Measures
- Development of Agricultural Business in North Central Zone
- Growth in agricultural business in the North Central Zone.
- Driving the implementation and execution of agricultural business
- Meeting sales growth targets for agricultural business (Financial) in the North Central Zone
- Overall Asset Growth
- Individual Agric Asset Growth
- Business Development – expansion of client base
- Calls with RMs
- Management of pipelines
- Internal Process
- Monitoring adherence to SLAs for prompt delivery of service
- Quality of Credit application
Key dimensions of the job (to be completed by each Portfolio)
- Develops the strategy and manages the growth and success of Agricultural Business in the North Central Zone. Operates across disciplines at the Regional Office level as well as working closely with the network to provide and co-ordinate specialist agricultural banking support.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Building relationships with Agricultural industry associations and co-operatives in the North Central Zone is a critical requirement for the purpose of generating ongoing credibility and income.
- Building, strengthening and leveraging internal networks, alliance partnerships and relationships with senior stakeholders and specialists at group level is critical to the successful development of customized and tailor made financial solutions that span the full spectrum of multi-product offerings.
- Close relationship with credit to ensure optimal growth at acceptable risk levels.
Application Closing Date
19th August, 2014
How to Apply
Interested candidates should
Click here to apply