For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Alliance Director, Agricultural Competitiveness
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: 5 years
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium is recruiting for the anticipated USAID-funded Nigeria Agriculture Competitiveness project.
- The goal of the project is to create a catalytic investment mechanism which links smallholder farmers to the private sector and to create a positive business enabling environments for thriving agribusiness sector.
Purpose of Position
Palladium seeks a Director of Trade Policy and Promotion for the USAID-funded Nigeria opportunity in Agriculture Competitiveness.
- Develops and maintains strong partnerships with private sector organizations, cooperatives, partners, collaborators and financial institutions;
- Facilitates relationships between value chain actors including smallholders, traders, financial institutions, buyers, processors and agribusiness;
- Organizes and facilitates discussions on agribusiness investment-related policy issues involving representatives of the private and public sector, with a view to reach consensus on improved policies;
- Facilitate high level market linkages to add value to specific value chains. This includes cluster creation with value chain actors from the smallholder field to anchor firm level.
- Master’s Degree in Crop Production, Agriculture, Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics or related field. Knowledge of aquaculture a plus.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience working with USAID or another donor agency.
- Seven years professional work experience in crop production and/or crop protection, or food security, value chain development including facilitation, agribusiness, marketing, and financial services, private sector development, and enabling environment policy reforms.
- Experience in training, provision of technical assistance and public private facilitation among smallholders and value chain actors.
- Previous experience in Nigeria preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills required for working with project staff and beneficiaries
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with limited guidance
- Excellent communication skills are essential to write effectively and persuasively and be able to present information in a variety of settings and formats
- Fluency in English required
- Experience with gender mainstreaming a plus
Application Closing Date
1st September, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online