Food For All International (FFAI) – RC 455900 is a non-governmental organisation (NGO) that provides developmental approach to sustainable agricultural production and environmental services. This includes consultant services in the area of agriculture and environment. FFAI was established in 2002 and has its office in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria. As an organisation, we are partnership driven – we partner with private individuals, corporate bodies, specialized agencies, including research bodies and international agencies to strengthen agricultural productivity as well as transforming subsistence farmers to sustainable thriving farmers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agricultural Extension Service Officer
Location: Ezza -South, Ohaozara, and Ebonyi South Local Government Areas in Ebonyi State.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide relevant training and skills development to members of women rice farmers cooperatives
- Lead stakeholder dialogue and consultation meetings with project communities
- Facilitate the establishment of women community rice seed multiplication and distribution scheme
- Support the development of increased market linkages for women rice farmers cooperatives in project locations
- Assist in the organization of webinars, trainings and conferences (both online and face-to-face, according to the requirements) and also Prepare field visit reports
- Liaise with other stakeholders in the project implementation
- Advise farmers to adopt best farming practices.
- Minimum of a National Diploma (ND) in Agriculture or any other related courses
- Good knowledge in rice value chain
- Must be computer literate such that proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, MS Excel, and basic use of the internet
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in agricultural research and/or extension, agronomy, rural development, and consultancy/technical services to rice farm and/or business owners.
Application Closing Date
24th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV (with 2 referees in a single pdf document) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
For More Enquiries – Telephone: 08064262223; 08162664797, and 08037462485.