Catholic Relief Services is the official agency of the United States Catholic Conference of Bishops for relief and development assistance overseas.
Job Title: Programme Manager (Band D-1)
Department: Agriculture and Economic Growth
Reports To: Senior Program Manager, Agriculture
The Program Manager-Agriculture will be responsible for managing the Sustainable Cassava Seed System (SCSS) Project to achieve its set targets in Benue and Oyo States within the context of CRS/Nigeria agricultural strategies.
Physical Requirements / Environment
Normal conditions akin to office environment, based in Abuja; willingness and ability to travel within the country up to 70%.
Key Working Relationships:
- Senior Program Manager for Agriculture, Head of Unit – Agriculture and Economic Strengthening, M&E Advisor, Finance, Administration, Audit, Head of Programs, Country Representative, RTA/Agriculture as well as other relevant
- regional and HQ Technical Staff.
- Justice, Peace and Development Commissions of the Catholic Church (JPDCs), other Implementing Partner Organizations (National Root Crop Research Institute – NRCRI, National Agricultural Seeds Council – NASC, International
- Institute of Tropical Agriculture IITA, Agricultural Development Program – ADP, Seed Entrepreneurs and Farmer
- Groups /Organizations ), Agro-processors, representatives of other NGOs, Donors, Researchers, and Private Sector.
- Masterâ€™s degree in Agricultural related-field studies required.
- Minimum three years program management experience with an NGO; experience in cassava value chain and public and private donor relations a plus.
- Ability to work closely with Church partners and commitment to Agency mission.
- Computer proficiency particularly in Word. Excel, Outlook. and Internet required.
- Experience with and commitment to working in a team structure
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to work with multiple stakeholders successfully and to create linkages.
- Demonstrated commitment to gender responsive programming.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Nigerian nationality.
Application Closing Date
14th of March, 2013
- Only applications sent in the required format will be considered. Candidates should please adhere to the instructions explicitly stated here.
- CRS is an equal -opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply