The Africa Rice Centre (AfricaRice) is seeking a highly qualified Business Application Specialist to be based at Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
AfricaRice is a leading Pan – African rice research organization committed to improving the livelihoods in Africa though strong science and effective partnerships. AfricaRice is one of the 15 international agricultural research centres that are members of the CGIAR System Organization (CSO). It is also an Intergovernmental association of African member countries.
Its membership comprises of 26 countries, covering West, Central, East and North African regions.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Director of Finance, the Business Application Specialist will be responsible for:
1. Serve as the cross-unit Business Processes implementations expert of the One Corporate System (OCS);
2. Manage and build business process into UNIT4 Business World;
3. Ensure that the project deliverables are on time and at the required level of quality;
4. Monitor the day-to-day progress of projects using forms and files to document and track project progress, and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project;
5. Maintain a Project Risk register and ensure major risks are mitigated on time in collaboration with the AfricaRice OCS Steering Committee;
6. Assist the Director of Finance in Planning and conducting regular project team meetings; ensures goals and objectives are on track and being met;
7. Ensure that appropriate and cost-effective resource levels are clearly assigned and maintained throughout the project life cycle;
8. Identify communication and training requirements to assist users in adopting new processes related to project outcomes;
9. Engage with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis; develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations;
10. Work closely with the OCS Operational Support Unit and ensure that AfricaRice’s applications and environments are provided the appropriate system and database capacities;
11. Ensure that existing business processes and procedures are reviewed and formalized (where necessary) for efficient implementation and to provide more business value;
12. Coordinate issue mitigation with respect to development or production challenges during the “go-live” phase of a new solution and/or improved business processes;
13. Help to ensure supporting processes are in place and operationally self-sufficient at each phase of the on-going project and its end.
14. Identify and implement application integration via APIs and Web Services, from OCS to other applications, to provide fully integrated implementation.
Qualifications /Selection Criteria
– Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent. A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with 5 years of experience may be considered.
– At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position
– Experience of developing and implementing an ERP (Unit4 Business World – formally Agresso) would be a major advantage.
– Experience of leading a technical team in the delivery of business applications.
GET ALERT ON LATEST AGRIBUSINESS NEWS & OPPORTUNITIES!
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD THE AGRICULTURAL BUSINESS APP ON GOOGLE PLAY
Knowledge and Key Competencies Required:
– Knowledge of a mid-range mainstream ERP,
– Solid knowledge of database SQL Server
– Substantial exposure to hardware platforms, cloud computing and enterprise software applications;
– Considerable knowledge of business process management and budgeting, ideally with experience in Organizations managing donor-funded projects;
– Demonstrated success in project management and excellent understanding of project management principles. Certification in Project Management (PMP or Prince2) or Information Technology accreditation (ITIL or COBIT certification) is an asset.
– Excellent customer service skills;
– Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel;
– Ability to contribute thoughtful planning, careful execution, and effective teamwork;
– Ability to collaborate with other IT professionals and, as needed, various external consultants;
– Ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously;
– Ability to be self-driven and able to work without close supervision; Language
The candidate should communicate fluently (orally and in writing) in English or French with a good working knowledge of the other language.
Terms and Conditions
o This is a regionally recruited position.
o AfricaRice provides an attractive salary and benefits package and a collegial and gender-sensitive working environment.
o The initial appointment is for two years with renewal of contract possibility.
Expressions of interest (a full CV + supporting statement) including the names and addresses (telephone / fax / email) of three referees should be submitted.
To apply for this position, please send your applications to email@example.com with the following mention in subject: “Recruitment process – Business Application Specialist ”.
Applications will be considered until Sunday, January 21, 2018.
AfricaRice is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that staff diversity promotes excellence in our operations and particularly welcome qualified applications from women, people living with disabilities and developing countries.