We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrator
Job Type: Contract
- MEDA seeks qualified Nigerians to support its Youth Entrepreneurship and Women’s Empowerment in Northern Nigeria project (Nigeria WAY) in Bauchi, Bauchi state. Nigeria WAY is a five- year project that will assist economically active women and youth to increase their income particularly those who are involved in agro-processing in the rice, soybean, and groundnut value chains. In addition, the project will work with communities and families to improve the environment where girls grow up. The project will run until March 2022.
- The position of Administrator is a 1-year contract with option for renewal (for up to a total of 5 years). The expected start-date is as soon as possible.
- The Administrator supports the Field Project Manager and is an integral part of the leadership team to provide administrative and business support services in the MEDA Nigeria office.
- S/he is responsible for managing human resources, ensuring compliance with agreed policies and processes and maintaining effectives records in accordance with Nigerian law and MEDA policy.
- The Administrator is key to excellent staff morale, and a seamless operations in the MEDA Nigeria office.
- Coordinates operations at the reception desk, offices and field operations of the Nigeria WAY project
- Ensure office is organized effectively maintaining paperless processes, seamless administration, reduce costs for communications, and partner support are efficient and friendly
- Ensure office procedures are followed and have effective separation of responsibilities for transparency and accountability and responsible for staff discipline
- Oversee operations and logistics around partners and field operatives in the field
- Train staff in use of sharepoint, skype for business and other technologies for communication
- Ensure adequate office supplies are in place and accounted for
- Ensure events management including training activities are properly serviced including organizing venues, supervising room layouts for programs, scheduled workshops or demonstrations
- Assists in the arrangement of meetings at the Field office and prepares and circulates minutes to members and makes follow up for action
- Maintains and undertakes filing and retrieval of documents for office operations
- Support finance and field staff on managing office petty cash advances, compiling and submitting financial returns for the expenses to MEDA head office
- Supervise office cleaning and ensure a high standard of cleanliness is maintained
- Support organization of field office activities like planning marketing promotional activities done within the regions around the field offices and effectively engage with partners
- Conduct other duties as assigned by the Field Project Manager
- First degree in Business Administration or related subject required and a Masters preferred
- Minimum experience of 5 years
- Excellent computer skills and good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and related software
- Flexible, organized and detail-oriented, with an ability to prioritize multiple assignments and react quickly to changes
- Experience organizing conferences and meetings, making domestic and international travel arrangements preferred
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Fluency in English is required and ability in Hausa is preferred
- Prior work experience in Nigeria is preferred and other comparable country context is desirable.
Application Closing Date
26th September, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit their CV’s and cover letter to: [email protected]
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.