We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Payable Officer
The Position and Mission
- To maintain an organized financial accounting system with strong controls that supports the operations of the company.
Employee will work closely with the operational and financial teams to provide accounting support. Employee will report to the Financial Controller. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Assist with accounts payable functions including but not limited to:
- Verifying invoices, expense reports, check requests, and purchase requisitions
- Entering data into accounts.
- Confirming the integrity of financial transactions by getting source documents to back up all transactions
- Filing all appropriate accounts payable documents (both online and physical copies)
Assist with accounts receivable functions including but not limited to:
- Applying payments to appropriate accounts.
- Reconciling customer/vendor/outgrower accounts.
- Handling customer/vendor/outgrower inquiries.
- Filing all appropriate accounts receivable documents (both online and physical copies)
Assist with payroll functions including but not limited to:
- Collecting timekeeping information.
- Reviewing all time cards for accuracy.
- Costing of timecards.
- Issuing pay.
- Recording payroll records for the company.
- Any pay-related information to employees.
- Prepare monthly allowance documents every month
- Reconcile transactions as needed
- Manage imprest (petty cash) including disbursals and submitting remittance reports
- Assist Financial Controller in weekly reconciliation of accounts and in monthly closing of books
- Assist Financial Controller to maintain compliance with all appropriate financial regulatory authorities
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- B.Sc or HND in Accounting preferable
- 2-5 years of work experience preferable
- Familiar with online accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks, Peach Tree, etc.)
- Comfortable with numbers
- Familiarity and competence with MS Excel and Word
- ICAN or ACCA required.
- Must have professional appearance with a positive attitude.
- Must be a self-starter, with the ability to work independently.
- Must possess good time management skills and work well under pressure.
- Must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to quickly identify problems and propose solutions.
- Must be able to work well in teams, with people from different cultures and education levels.
- Must have an extremely high sense of integrity.
- Must be honest and truthful in all relationships with Tomato Jos and its employees.
- Position available immediately.
- If hired, employee will undergo a preliminary three-month evaluation period.
- At the end of the evaluation period, Tomato Jos will evaluate employee’s performance for consideration of full-time employment.
- Employee is expected to work Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm with an hour lunch break, and Saturdays depending on workload.
- Tomato Jos operations are currently split between two locations: Malali in Kaduna Town and Igabi LGA, Kaduna State. Employee must be willing to relocate to Kaduna, and will split time between the Kaduna office and the farm. Certain projects may involve travel, which Tomato Jos will accommodate.
Application Closing Date
22nd March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s and Cover letter to: [email protected]
- Applicant’s email should be titled Application for the position of Accounts Payable
- If you are not contacted after 2weeks you did not qualify for the position.