Generation Africa seeks applications for the Gogettaz Agripreneur Prize. The prize is intended for entrepreneurial ventures in the agri-food sector founded by young Africans (under 35 years old). The grand prize winners will receive US$50 thousand to grow their businesses. Entrepreneurs must hold a nationality from any of the 54 nations of the African Union.
Complete the full online application by no later than 21 July at 12 midnight Central Africa Time (CAT). Please review the questions early in the process so you have enough time to prepare thoughtful responses. The application includes questions such as:
● “Give an example of your entrepreneurial mindset.”
● “How does your venture make money?”
● “Who are your main customers?”
● “Who are your main competitors?”
● “What are your biggest business challenges so far and how have you overcome them?”
Applicants must fill out each section of the application to be considered. Be sure to allow enough time to complete all sections.
3. Applicants must also film and submit a video pitch of no longer than three (3) minutes, answering the following questions:
● Who – Introduce yourself and your venture. What is unique about your story?
● What – Tell us what your venture or idea is. What is the potential?
● How – Describe your business model. How is it designed for success, and how is it innovative? Does it use any unique technology or approaches?
● Why – What inspires you about this work? What social impact could it have? What problem does it solve? What jobs does it create?
4. An expert jury will review all applications, considering criteria such as innovation, originality, scalability, and environmental sustainability.
5. 30 semi-finalists will be notified via Facebook and email by 6 August 2019. Semi-finalists will each be interviewed and asked for further information.
6. 12 finalists will be selected by the jury by 13 August 2019. Six male and six female finalists will be notified via Facebook, in person or by email.
7. Finalists will be invited to compete in the final live pitching contest at the Africa Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) meeting in Accra, Ghana on Tuesday, 3 September 2019. This will be part of a full week of activities that finalists will be expected to attend, spanning from 2-6 September. Winners will be announced on 4 September 2019. Should you not have a valid passport and plan to enter GoGettaz, please apply for one now.
8. All 12 finalists will be awarded mentorships, programming linkages and other guidance to continue their entrepreneurial journey.
9. The two winners (one male and one female) of the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize 2019 will be announced at the AGRF in Accra, Ghana on 3 September. Each winner will receive US$50,000 to grow their businesses as well as a suite of tailored suite of mentorship and related support.
Registrations close on 21 July 2019
Click https://genafrica.org/register-now/ to register