The foundation FUNAGIB was established in 2015 by its founder Nagib Nassar thanks to Kuwait KFAS (Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Science) Prize received by him in the same year. FUNAGIB offers three scholarships annually to postgraduate students working with cassava breeding. One of these is dedicated to an African student, while the other two are designated to Brazilians.
The African scholarship this year is being announced here: application deadline is 31 March 2018, and study should begin at Brasilia by 1st August 2018.
- Candidates for this scholarship should have completed their course credits and should be in phase of preparing their thesis.
- Major field of his (her) study should be on cassava plant breeding.
- Applicants must send by e-mail the following documents:
- A recommendation letter from faculty or supervisor
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic history
- Statement by candidate endorsed by his supervisor declaring commitment of the student to five months of the research on cassava periclinal chimera to improve the crop to be conducted at Brasília, Brazil.
- This subject should be a part of the final thesis.
- Award amount: R$ 20,000 (twenty thousand reais – US$ 1.00 = R$ 3.2 more or less according to real fluctuation), including air ticket.
Application deadline is 31st March 2018
Contact: Prof. Nagib Nassar (E-mail: [email protected] )
For More Information: