The purpose of the Cargill Global Scholars Program is to build a global network of future leaders who will one make important contributions to advance business, agriculture and food security.
In addition to financial support, students receive leadership development training, membership in the alumni to maintain and create connections, and one-on-one mentoring to equip them with the necessary tools become future global leaders, decision makers, and influencers.
The agribusiness company Cargill offers scholarships to university students interested in food security, agriculture, and risk management. Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Russia, or the USA — and attend university in those countries.
Each Cargill Global Scholar receives an annual scholarship for up to two years, as well as opportunities for leadership training and networking.
The application deadlines are
01 March for applicants in the USA;
06 March 2018 for India;
02 April 2018 for Russia;
15 April 2018 for Indonesia;
20 May 2018 for Brazil; and
21 May 2018 for China.
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Demonstrate financial need
- Specialize in fields of study that are identified as preferred fields (see each country’s guidelines)
- Are from a disadvantaged or underrepresented group within their country
For more information about the specific requirements for your country and your eligibility to become a Cargill Global
Scholar, please visit the FAQ page
In order to be eligible for an award, applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident of the country in which they apply, be enrolled at a partner university, and be a first or second year full time university student. Documentation required will based on the requirements of the countries application.
Upon acceptance into to the Global Scholars Program, students must:
- Adhere to Cargill Scholars Code of Conduct.
- Attend both the In-Country (Year 1) and Global Seminars (Year 2).
- Participate in the mentorship program by communicating with their assigned Cargill Mentor, Cargill Staff and IIE Staff.
- Remain enrolled in partner college/university, in addition to maintenance of required GPA requirements.
Visit https://www.cargillglobalscholars.com/scholarship/ for application details