Applications for the 2018 Agrecol e.V. Overseas internship program are now being accepted
The Association for AgriCulture & Ecology (Agrecol e.V.) in Germany offers internship placements and travel stipends for students enrolled in universities and colleges in German-speaking countries. In the coming year (2018), the Association can arrange two internship placements in ecologically oriented agriculture with the partner organisations Agrecol-Andes (Bolivia) and Agrecol-Afrique (Senegal).
The internship offers students an opportunity to acquire practical knowledge in sustainable agriculture and land management in a developing country. By living and working in another sociocultural environment, students can also gain valuable intercultural experiences.
The Agrecol Association in Germany covers the travel costs for a round-trip flight between Europe and Bolivia/Senegal.
Students eligible to apply for the internship placement and travel stipend are those who:
- Are enrolled in a university or college in a German-speaking country (including foreign students);
- Have basic knowledge and/or experience in managing organised groups (for small-scale production, processing and marketing of agricultural products);
- Have their own laptop or notebook that they can use during the internship;
- Have basic knowledge about (ecological) agriculture;
- Are interested and sensitive in working with smallholder farmers in different sociocultural contexts;
- Are dynamic, open and committed;
- Show high levels of self-reliance and self-organising capacity
- Have a sufficient command of Spanish (Bolivia)/ French (Senegal) to be able to work in this language (interview will be made by Skype with Agrecol–Andes/Afrique);
- Are under 30 years of age.
Timing and duration of internship
The internship should begin, if possible and in consultation with the partner organisations, between June and August 2018. It should last at least six months and can be extended to up to twelve months’ duration.
Support is provided for up to three interns each year and consists of the following:
- Coverage of a round-trip Economy flight ticket between Europe and the country in which the host organisation is operating
- Availability of at least one member of Agrecol Association as well as previous interns to provide advice and respond to questions before and during the internship
- Invitation of the student, after completion of the internship, to a weekend seminar of Agrecol Association in Germany or a neighbouring country so that the student can present a photo report to the members about his/her experiences as intern; Agrecol Association covers the student’s travel and accommodation costs for the weekend.
Agrecol Association is not in a position to cover any further costs related to the internship (e.g. visa, vaccinations, health insurance) beyond those mentioned above.
The application, consisting of a convincing letter of motivation in German and Spanish (Bolivia) / French (Senegal), concrete details about the desired period of internship and a curriculum vitae in German and Spanish (Bolivia) / French (Senegal), should be sent per Email as pdf attachments to:
The deadline for applications is 31 January 2018.
Notification about awarding of the internship placements and travel stipends will be made at the latest by end of February 2018.
For More Information: