A Financial Institution looking for qualified candidate to fill the following position of:
Job Title: Agric Financing Officer
- Develop and implement programme and policy activities in agribusiness and agricultural sector Finance and investment.
- Provide technical guidance to improve and strengthen financial services ton agricultural and agribusiness
- Enterprises and broader finance and investment issues impacting on agro-industries, food systems and value Chain development;
- Design and implement agribusiness and agro-industry programmes, especially in relation to finance and investment; as required provide technical backstopping to held projects;
- Collect and analyze data and develop technical papers on agricultural insurance, financial services and innovations, institutional strengthening and public-private partnerships;
- Provide technical assistance on ways to address strategy and policy issues for finance and investment which support increased flows of financing for the agricultural sector, especially to small and medium agro-enterprises and rural households and Infrastructure;
- Appraise financing and investment requirements for agribusiness and agro-industries and recommend appropriate financing strategies for reducing risk and improving effectiveness;
- Evaluate capacity building needs in financial products and services which support improved impacts of agrifood systems and food security; develop training materials and programmes and deliver training courses;
- Coordinate preparation of technical meetings; disseminate information and data through both electronic exchanges and websites, conferences end publications;
- Develop and maintain working contacts with counterparts in other organizations, associations, private sector firms and development agencies specialized in finance and agribusiness; represent the division at the Organization’s inter-disciplinary groups;
- Perform other misled defies as required.
Candidates will be assessed against the following:
- Relevance of experience in policy issues, strategies and services for fostering finance and investment in agriculture, agro-industries, agro-enterprises, agricultural value chains, and rural infrastructure
- Depth of knowledge of and capacity to analyze and communicate effectively on critical issues of finance, insurance, banking and investment affecting governments, agribusinesses/agro-enterprises and rural infrastructural development in developing countries and in facilitating formulation of strategies and policies to address them
- Demonstrated experience in appraising capacity building needs in rural, agricultural and agribusiness finance and in assisting member countries develop training programmes and in organizing and conducting training activities
- Level and relevance of academic training in agricultural, agribusiness and rural finance
- Quality of analytical and writing skills with evidence of technical publications and papers relevant to agricultural finance
Candidates should meet the following:
- Advanced University degree in agricultural or agribusiness finance, agricultural economics or economics with finance an a major subject or any other discipline.
- 3-7 years of relevant experience in one or more of the following areas: agricultural and/or agribusiness finance, shoe chain finance, agricultural arid neat investment banking or agricultural insurance.
- Good decision waking skills
- Computer proficiency in MS office suite and power point
- Good interpersonal unit communication Skills
- The candidate must be assertive and have eyes for details
- Ability to work with less supervision
- Possess integrity find follow morally & ethically sound standards.
Application Closing Date
25th March, 2013
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should send their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org