The American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking a suitable and qualified candidate to fill the vacant position below, this position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria:
Job Title: Tractor Driver
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: Facilities Management
- The Tractor Driver will drive gasoline or diesel powered tractor to move materials, draw farm implements, tow trailers, pull out objects embedded in ground, or pull cable of winch to raise, lower, or load heavy material or equipment:
- Fastens attachments, such as graders, plows, and rollers, to tractor with hitch pins in line the policies and procedures of the facilities management department.
- Valid driving license.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age and possess and maintain a safe driving record.
- Must also be available to work flexible hours.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written English.
- Strength and hand-eye coordination are also necessary.
- Must be in and maintain top physical form.
- Strength, physical stamina, agility, and medical fitness.
- Must be teachable.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Ability to drive a large tractor very quickly, but also do so in a safe manner that avoids accidents.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to remain calm in dangerous or stressful situations.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Application Closing Date
22nd August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to: [email protected] The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.